iOS 9.2 Public Beta 4 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
The update when just fine on my iPhone 6 and iPad mini 2, but when it was complete I found it felt it had to re-download all of my podcast data. I don't know what that was all about.
I haven't found anything else that thinks it lost all of its data in the upgrade.

I had to redownload some, too! Not all, but a few of the more recent ones. Glad I saw your post before heading out for the day.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Beta 4 runs just as smoothly as it did with the previous beta, but then again, I rarely have any problems with updates, thankfully...;)

Dukins

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: iOS 9.2 Public Beta 1 released

Anyone see how different the fluid swiping left and right, up and down changed in the app switcher on beta 3? Has that been improved upon for 4?

Very fluid for me on 4. I hardly have any issues in these betas. Knock on wood.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Beta 4 runs just as smoothly as it did with the previous beta, but then again, I rarely have any problems with updates, thankfully...;)

I'm the same. I had traded my 64GB 6 for a 64GB 6 Plus and I thought the person I swapped with gave me a dud. Got a new one from the Apple Store and still had some lag and stuttering. Loaded up 9.2 Beta 3 and now Beta 4 and this is everything I expect from an iOS device. Almost overreacted when I was experiencing these issue that I hadn't experienced before. Glad I had just a bit more patience than I normally have with devices. :D

Robert Shouse

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I don't know why, but my battery life is great after installing the latest beta. 8.75 hours of standby and 50 minutes of actual use and I am still at 92%

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
The battery life is a lot better on 9.2 than 9.1 on my 6 Plus. iOS 9.1 stunk on ice when it came to battery life.

As others have already said, iOS 9.2 makes my iPhone run like an iPhone again. I'd even go so far as to say that iOS 9.2 makes me love my iPhone again. The first few versions of iOS 9.x really had me feeling disappointed with Apple and I have a feeling that I'm not the only one thinking that way.

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
How D: I'm still barely pushing 5/6 hours

I installed about 3 hours ago, and I know that it takes time to "settle in", but listening to music and answering some emails and I'm still on 99%. I'm going to let it go off the charger over night and see what it looks like in the morning.

Good luck!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm the same. I had traded my 64GB 6 for a 64GB 6 Plus and I thought the person I swapped with gave me a dud. Got a new one from the Apple Store and still had some lag and stuttering. Loaded up 9.2 Beta 3 and now Beta 4 and this is everything I expect from an iOS device. Almost overreacted when I was experiencing these issue that I hadn't experienced before. Glad I had just a bit more patience than I normally have with devices. :D

Outstanding!....;)

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I installed about 3 hours ago, and I know that it takes time to "settle in", but listening to music and answering some emails and I'm still on 99%. I'm going to let it go off the charger over night and see what it looks like in the morning.

Good luck!

Good morning all!

OK, phone was off of the charger all night. Went to sleep around 10, battery was 99%...woke up at 5 am (day off too!) and batter was 96%. IMHO, this is great battery life, especially since the software update has only been installed for a little over 12 hours.

Tv1tter

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Strange - I don't see News. It works in Canada for US region but when I switched to Canada and rebooted it is still not there...
Anybody?

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site

Good luck!

Oh haha, you were doing light work :(

Status
Not open for further replies.