iOS 9.2 Public Beta 4 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: iOS 9.2 Public Beta 1 released

9.2 beta killed my battery life on my 6. Others have had similar experience. It was great on my ipad mini tho- would love to hear from others who's battery was brutal and see how this compares

I thought beta 2 was better but I'm no better today than I was with beta 1. Initially I thought I was but now I'm not sure. If you had battery issues I would hold off for now.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

cool thanks! I am going to wait- I restored my new 6s last night from a 9.1 back up. Is there an easy way to delete my profile on the 6s so i can get rid of the annoying 1 on my settings icon?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

9.2 beta killed my battery life on my 6. Others have had similar experience. It was great on my ipad mini tho- would love to hear from others who's battery was brutal and see how this compares

Strange it's solid on my 6s plus

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

I tried to get rid of the beta profile but the little stupid one didnt go away from the icon even though it said it was on 9.1 and up to date... Anyone have a fix?

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: iOS 9.2 Public Beta 2 Released

Sigh- I will wait- maybe your battery life will improve... I find it so weird that its so bad for some and so good for others

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: iOS 9.2 Public Beta 2 Released

My battery has been no worse on the 9.2 betas than 9.1 final release, which was fine for my use.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site

I tried to get rid of the beta profile but the little stupid one didnt go away from the icon even though it said it was on 9.1 and up to date... Anyone have a fix?

Here is the link from Apple on how to unenroll your iOS device from receiving anymore beta update. Remember to follow the last step at the bottom of the page to make sure you're account is properly taken off from beta testing program.

https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/unenroll#ios

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site

Strange it's solid on my 6s plus

Same here. My battery is ok with 9.2 beta (iPhone 6S plus) . I actually like it because all my apps are loading faster and smoother. Task switching is smoother too. No lag issue here. I also just installed the 9.2 public beta 2 that just came out today. We'll see how this one go.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Here is the link from Apple on how to unenroll your iOS device from receiving anymore beta update. Remember to follow the last step at the bottom of the page to make sure you're account is properly taken off from beta testing program.

https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/unenroll#ios

Going to do the same tonight. Can't be draining battery like that. Thanks for posting!

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site

I agree. Was glad to have the opportunity to try the 9.1 Beta, but had to fall back to a backup made before going to the beta once the 9.1 official release was available.

I didn't lose any data since I purposely made sure to back up photos/documents elsewhere so I could restore them later. Not the smoothest process, but perhaps a tradeoff for the ability to get access to and be part of the Public Beta program.

If I had a device that could "perpetually" be on a beta, then I probably wouldn't mind.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
iOS 9.2 Public Beta 2 Released

How have others battery life been? Maybe my luck will be better since I have a new/different device

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
iOS 9.2 Public Beta 2 Released

cool thanks! I am going to wait- I restored my new 6s last night from a 9.1 back up. Is there an easy way to delete my profile on the 6s so i can get rid of the annoying 1 on my settings icon?

I am on 9.2.2 Public Beta with my iPhone 6S. Battery life is very good, so far. Interested in how some of the new features will work out.

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site

I agree. Was glad to have the opportunity to try the 9.1 Beta, but had to fall back to a backup made before going to the beta once the 9.1 official release was available.

I didn't lose any data since I purposely made sure to back up photos/documents elsewhere so I could restore them later. Not the smoothest process, but perhaps a tradeoff for the ability to get access to and be part of the Public Beta program.

If I had a device that could "perpetually" be on a beta, then I probably wouldn't mind.

Why did you have to use a backup? My phone downloaded the official 9.1 on top of the beta OTA

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

I removed from beta, reverted to 9.1 and still got the red 1.

Did a full restore to get it back (OCD like that) and jumping off the beta train for now. Though @DevilishBanker says I'll be back on the train as soon as beta 3 is out! ;)

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

I removed from beta, reverted to 9.1 and still got the red 1.

Did a full restore to get it back (OCD like that) and jumping off the beta train for now. Though @DevilishBanker says I'll be back on the train as soon as beta 3 is out! ;)

I'll deal with the red 1- having spent most of yesterday adding all my passwords back in i don't want to do that again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh