Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: iOS 9.2 Public Beta 1 released

Have you submitted feedback to Apple? I've submitted it a few times, hoping it gets fixed soon 🏻

Good feedback. If beta testers don't submit feedback then issues can't be fixed. And the more testers report a particular problem to more attention it's going to get.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site

My region is India and after update I was able to see the new news app ... It worked just fine when setting up the app .. After set up when navigating through the app or forcefully exited me from the app and the the app icon disappeared from the system... Has this been observed by any other ppl??
I reported the same thing earlier in this thread. It's a region issue. Clearly the beta payload contains the News app and enables it by default, but when the newly installed OS clues in to your region, the app gets forcefully removed.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

Poor. Reported it via feedback.

I'm at 12% now -- on low power since 20% less than an hour ago, but I've been on tapatalk during my lunch ;)

I reported too. I'm getting my 6s at some point tomorrow and saved the backup from 9.1 so I'll restore from there

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

I tried to cycle the battery yesterday -- got to 0 and it shut down. Plugged it in and came back later to find it unplugged and my wife's phone there.

"You were already at 70% and I had 10%!"

PacManDroid

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site

Does anyone know if I "erase all content and settings" would it wipe the beta profile or cause something terrible to my 6S? This battery life on this beta SUX!

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
iOS 9.2 Public Beta 1 released

Does anyone know if I "erase all content and settings" would it wipe the beta profile or cause something terrible to my 6S? This battery life on this beta SUX!

While it will stop your iPhone from looking for future OTA iOS beta releases it won't get rid of the beta version already on your phone. You have to restore using iTunes in recovery mode in order to regress back to the GM version of iOS. Here's a how-to guide.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

While it will stop your iPhone from looking for future OTA iOS beta releases it won't get rid of the beta version already on your phone. You have to restore using iTunes in recovery mode in order to regress back to the GM version of iOS. Here's a how-to guide.
I did the first part of that, powering on with the home button held in, and it did the whole "welcome" thing (white screen with the slide to update). My phone now shows 9.1, no beta profile, and still wants to update to 9.2 PB1. And it did it without affecting my existing data (I never had a "fresh" 9.1 with the need to restore). Something must be funky ;) I'll probably just do the steps again to be sure, or hold out in my current state to see when PB2 comes out. Will just have to see how the battery acts today!

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

I did the first part of that, powering on with the home button held in, and it did the whole "welcome" thing (white screen with the slide to update). My phone now shows 9.1, no beta profile, and still wants to update to 9.2 PB1. And it did it without affecting my existing data (I never had a "fresh" 9.1 with the need to restore). Something must be funky ;) I'll probably just do the steps again to be sure, or hold out in my current state to see when PB2 comes out. Will just have to see how the battery acts today!

That happened to me with 8.4 beta. The only way the settings app notification would go away was to restore and set up as new.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

My new phone is coming today. Staying away from beta for a little once it's all set up. Battery is still really bad. Phone gets hot and drains quick

wdfly

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site

i had to restore my phone, the battery on 9.1 is bad enough the battery on the beta would barely make it to 3:00pm with almost no use.

nnddesai1

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site

My 6S is on the truck for delivery...will be installing it this afternoon :dancing:

May i recommend, you don't install it on 6s and instead on a backup device? If it's a 6s, everything is works like a charm already.

nnddesai1

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site

Can anyone answer this for me please?

Yes, iCloud backups are 'reverse compatible' (not sure if that's the right term) BUT once you upgrade to iOS 9.2, you can't use that iOS 9.2 backup to restore iOS 9.1

does that make sense?

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

I'm on Dev beta 2 and it is just as stable as 1 ..

9.2 beta killed my battery life on my 6. Others have had similar experience. It was great on my ipad mini tho- would love to hear from others who's battery was brutal and see how this compares

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro