Location services always on

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for giving me the heads up about this BeWeather 2 app. I love it and have deleted all other weather apps from my 6S+. (If only I could delete the Apple weather app. :mad:)

You can disable the stock weather app by deleting all locations in the App and toggling it off for location in Settings. Do that, and it won't appear on the pull down notification center.

sangs

Trusted Member
Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
You can disable the stock weather app by deleting all locations in the App and toggling it off for location in Settings. Do that, and it won't appear on the pull down notification center.

Oh, that I know. I just wanted to get the damn thing off the phone completely. :) Thanks though.

hVarun

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
under settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services if the show status bar toggle is turned off.. still there is a location icon on the status bar.. is that a bug from long time?? even though couple apps and few system services are always using the location, this toggle should remove icon form the status bar right...

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
under settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services if the show status bar toggle is turned off.. still there is a location icon on the status bar.. is that a bug from long time?? even though couple apps and few system services are always using the location, this toggle should remove icon form the status bar right...

The toggle is to show when the services in system services requests location. If it is toggled off, then you see location being used, not requested.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site

Do you need to do a restart so the weather doesn't show up in the notification center? I did what you suggested above and it still shows up in the notificatin center drop down.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Do you need to do a restart so the weather doesn't show up in the notification center? I did what you suggested above and it still shows up in the notificatin center drop down.

I didn't. Hmm.
Location - Never
Cellular - off for stock weather
Make sure no locations show in the App.
Mine looks like this when I open the app.

086f78d3ff5d6a6a59d6c00020e83846.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711