iOS 9.1 released

baz1536

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
how come the update over my phone is 252mb, but it's 2GB when downloading through iTunes? :S (and some of you have 30mb screen shots!)

Depends on the device and iOS version you are coming from.

iTunes will always download the full ipsw. It doesn't do delta updates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miska Hietala

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm seeing store icon showing two app needing update. When I go to the update tab it shows none. Luckily I'm in the beta still so I can report it.

baz1536

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm seeing store icon showing two app needing update. When I go to the update tab it shows none. Luckily I'm in the beta still so I can report it.

What do you mean. The beta feedback will be finished now as the final release is out. It's not even a GM it is public release. The next beta will be 9.2 if at all.

Nabooy

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
How to do a fresh install? Do I have to restore the device as new first and then proceed with the upgrade in iTunes? Or first update the device and then do a fresh restore in iTunes.

Gabebcn

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
I'm facing some issues with Safari: the top search bar overlaps with time and battery
bc6517d690208cb4a0624b59f687d7a3.jpg

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

lightning8888

May 30, 2015
Visit site
Yay now I can restore from the cloud lol I had backed myself into a corner yesterday where I had ran a backup 9.1 beta but went back to gen release 9.0.2 but couldn't restore stuff from cloud backup because it said I had to have 9.1, now I can.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: Apple servers slow!!!

Normally when there is an update I plug my phone in to my computer and iTunes downloads the file in 14-17 minutes. Not today. When I plug my phone (6+) in today I'm told that the download time is 9-12 hours. I know that a lot of people are downloading this update from Apple servers but 9-12 hours is crazy.

It won't be that long, it always improves from that initial estimate.

pacorob

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately the lag with showing a third party keyboard such as Swype or Path Input for iPad is still there. Swype released already quite a few iOS9 updates but didn't help so far. The lag is especially visible with my iPad mini2 running 9.1 and also a bit with iPhone 5s it's especially visible with the Spotlight search (scroll down).

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
How to do a fresh install? Do I have to restore the device as new first and then proceed with the upgrade in iTunes? Or first update the device and then do a fresh restore in iTunes.

No need to restore device as new before updating. If you do it through iTunes you will get an option.

baz1536

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Well I'm still having the feedback app?so I suppose we can still retort bugs?

You may well have the feedback app because you are on beta software. The logs will go with the feedback and say to Apple hello I'm on beta 5 Apple will say hello back and we are on public release of 9.1 this feedback doesn't matter.

timswork

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
All seems smooth and great here, with the 9.1 update. My 6s+ seems to switch over smoothly now to the Siri Suggestions page, rather than kinda stutter.

Thanks Apple! :yes:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro