iOS 9.1 released

Sikkanthar Badhusha

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
Got IOS9.1 on my iphone 6.

seems my iphone works bit faster than previous version. I'm getting notification sound for all the message receiving in whatsapp.

I dono who fixed this issue . Whatsapp or apple :p

Miska Hietala

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
SwiftKey doesn't appear always on 9.1 but I guess we are moving in a better direction with it. Now if they only would bring that neural keyboard!

waynes_world

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
Just downloaded 9.1 on my iPhone, but noticed there is no longer any caps lock in messages.

Don't know what's going on here, anyone else noticed this?

Angelo_Campher

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what everybody is raving about here. I did a clean install on my iPhone 6 and I still have lag in the messages app when bringing up the standard keyboard after start up, there is also lag in the message animations initially. There is lag when scrolling in some settings menus and lag when opening the proactive search screen initially.

Once committed to memory these actions are smooth but it shouldn't lag/stutter in the first place.

Thought this whole iOS 9 thing was a maintenance release and was supposed to be an improvement on iOS 8. Well, it's not and all I've gotten are needless features like a proactive search screen which only populates with apps and contacts, a news app which doesn't work in my country and lag in certain elements of the UI which didn't exist before.

As far as I'm concerned there is really nothing to be happy about. I bet the experience is smooth on the iPhone 6S though due to the RAM upgrade.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Just downloaded 9.1 on my iPhone, but noticed there is no longer any caps lock in messages.

Don't know what's going on here, anyone else noticed this?

I have "caps lock" on both of my keyboards including the Apple stock. May I suggest a device reboot, this might clear things up for you.
Welcome to iMore...ENJOY the site.

DX9

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I decided to just download the full file with iTunes and restore my phone as New with no backup since I don't use a huge amount of apps and doesn't take long at all to setup my phone to my liking. What a great release 9.1 is

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I decided to just download the full file with iTunes and restore my phone as New with no backup since I don't use a huge amount of apps and doesn't take long at all to setup my phone to my liking. What a great release 9.1 is

Indeed it is. I updated OTA, and it's great!

Nabooy

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
How to do a fresh install? Do I have to restore the device as new first and then proceed with the upgrade in iTunes? Or first update the device and then do a fresh restore in iTunes.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
My iPad ( Original mini non retina) now has 9.1 and is Happy - essentially like new again - updated from 9.0.2 on iTunes smoothly and Safari now doesn't always crash as it has in any iOS 8 or earlier iOS 9 .... Now downloading for iPhone 🏻

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
3 attempts so far to download 9.1 to iTunes on my iMac to do iPhone 6 .. All have times out after 25-30 min having downloaded +/- 1.2 out of 1.84 Gb ..... Internet is my normal local 6.5 ish on DSL here in the Caribbean. I will try again later tonight but suspect Apple server overload coupled with slow internet. I had really no issue with the iPad earlier and will possibly OTA if this keeps up

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
3 attempts so far to download 9.1 to iTunes on my iMac to do iPhone 6 .. All have times out after 25-30 min having downloaded +/- 1.2 out of 1.84 Gb ..... Internet is my normal local 6.5 ish on DSL here in the Caribbean. I will try again later tonight but suspect Apple server overload coupled with slow internet. I had really no issue with the iPad earlier and will possibly OTA if this keeps up

I would definitely try again later tonight during off-peak hours.

Take care and be safe down there in the Caribbean! Heck of a hurricane pounding the Pacific right now.

Last edited:

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Do say a prayer for those in Western Mexico on the coast between Manzanillo & Puerto Vallarta .... Cat 4 & 5 Hairycanes have a habit of leaving not much behind -

NYC Dude

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
How is this a great release when the iCloud restore bugs that have plagued the iPhone 6s since launch still have not been fixed? I can't restore from any iCloud backup. Spoke to apple support and followed their poor advice and deleted all my backups and restored my phone as new and the same problems persist. I initiate a iCloud restore and it gets stuck at the white apple logo screen. I then have to turn the phone off and on to get it to continue and it won't restore messages, notes or health data. Health app won't register anything going forward also. Multiple built in apps won't have the 3D touch support they are supposed to have. Now I need to make iTunes backups after I've already restored as new. It's the only way for me to have any reliable backup right now. I'm not the only person experiencing this either. My girlfriends 6s exhibits some of the most of the same issues during a iCloud restore and there are multiple threads on Apple's support community website as well.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7258082?start=0&tstart=0

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7252301

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7269045

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7258082

http://forums.imore.com/ios-9/343086-restoring-icloud-backup-ios-9-02-issues.html

etc..

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
So far I have had my iPhone 6 Plus reboot itself once and my voice mail would not function until I restarted the phone myself. Cannot say at this point that I am really excited about this release. :(

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2