I don't know what everybody is raving about here. I did a clean install on my iPhone 6 and I still have lag in the messages app when bringing up the standard keyboard after start up, there is also lag in the message animations initially. There is lag when scrolling in some settings menus and lag when opening the proactive search screen initially.

Once committed to memory these actions are smooth but it shouldn't lag/stutter in the first place.

Thought this whole iOS 9 thing was a maintenance release and was supposed to be an improvement on iOS 8. Well, it's not and all I've gotten are needless features like a proactive search screen which only populates with apps and contacts, a news app which doesn't work in my country and lag in certain elements of the UI which didn't exist before.

As far as I'm concerned there is really nothing to be happy about. I bet the experience is smooth on the iPhone 6S though due to the RAM upgrade.
    denzilla likes this.
    10-23-2015 04:53 AM
    Just downloaded 9.1 on my iPhone, but noticed there is no longer any caps lock in messages.

Don't know what's going on here, anyone else noticed this?
    I have "caps lock" on both of my keyboards including the Apple stock. May I suggest a device reboot, this might clear things up for you.
    Welcome to iMore...ENJOY the site.
    10-23-2015 05:36 AM
    I decided to just download the full file with iTunes and restore my phone as New with no backup since I don't use a huge amount of apps and doesn't take long at all to setup my phone to my liking. What a great release 9.1 is
    10-23-2015 08:20 AM
    I decided to just download the full file with iTunes and restore my phone as New with no backup since I don't use a huge amount of apps and doesn't take long at all to setup my phone to my liking. What a great release 9.1 is
    Indeed it is. I updated OTA, and it's great!
    mumfoau likes this.
    10-23-2015 09:08 AM
    Is anyone else getting a "unable to check for update" message?
    10-23-2015 10:16 AM
    How to do a fresh install? Do I have to restore the device as new first and then proceed with the upgrade in iTunes? Or first update the device and then do a fresh restore in iTunes.
    10-23-2015 10:37 AM
    I had the same problem with Contacts Search.

Solution is activate search on Spotlight for Contacts.
    10-23-2015 11:59 AM
    My iPad ( Original mini non retina) now has 9.1 and is Happy - essentially like new again - updated from 9.0.2 on iTunes smoothly and Safari now doesn't always crash as it has in any iOS 8 or earlier iOS 9 .... Now downloading for iPhone 🏻
    10-23-2015 02:17 PM
    3 attempts so far to download 9.1 to iTunes on my iMac to do iPhone 6 .. All have times out after 25-30 min having downloaded +/- 1.2 out of 1.84 Gb ..... Internet is my normal local 6.5 ish on DSL here in the Caribbean. I will try again later tonight but suspect Apple server overload coupled with slow internet. I had really no issue with the iPad earlier and will possibly OTA if this keeps up
    10-23-2015 05:00 PM
    3 attempts so far to download 9.1 to iTunes on my iMac to do iPhone 6 .. All have times out after 25-30 min having downloaded +/- 1.2 out of 1.84 Gb ..... Internet is my normal local 6.5 ish on DSL here in the Caribbean. I will try again later tonight but suspect Apple server overload coupled with slow internet. I had really no issue with the iPad earlier and will possibly OTA if this keeps up
    I would definitely try again later tonight during off-peak hours.

Take care and be safe down there in the Caribbean! Heck of a hurricane pounding the Pacific right now.
    Last edited by DevilishBanker; 10-23-2015 at 07:51 PM.
    10-23-2015 05:11 PM
    Do say a prayer for those in Western Mexico on the coast between Manzanillo & Puerto Vallarta .... Cat 4 & 5 Hairycanes have a habit of leaving not much behind -
    10-23-2015 05:15 PM
    Do say a prayer for those in Western Mexico on the coast between Manzanillo & Puerto Vallarta .... Cat 4 & 5 Hairycanes have a habit of leaving not much behind -
    Yes, indeed!
    mumfoau and nikkisharif like this.
    10-23-2015 05:19 PM
    Mis mejores deseos para los mexicanos desde Espaa . My best wishes for the Mexican people from Spain 🏻
    10-23-2015 05:50 PM
    How is this a great release when the iCloud restore bugs that have plagued the iPhone 6s since launch still have not been fixed? I can't restore from any iCloud backup. Spoke to apple support and followed their poor advice and deleted all my backups and restored my phone as new and the same problems persist. I initiate a iCloud restore and it gets stuck at the white apple logo screen. I then have to turn the phone off and on to get it to continue and it won't restore messages, notes or health data. Health app won't register anything going forward also. Multiple built in apps won't have the 3D touch support they are supposed to have. Now I need to make iTunes backups after I've already restored as new. It's the only way for me to have any reliable backup right now. I'm not the only person experiencing this either. My girlfriends 6s exhibits some of the most of the same issues during a iCloud restore and there are multiple threads on Apple's support community website as well.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7252301

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7269045

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7258082

http://forums.imore.com/ios-9/343086...02-issues.html

etc..
    10-24-2015 03:44 AM
    So far I have had my iPhone 6 Plus reboot itself once and my voice mail would not function until I restarted the phone myself. Cannot say at this point that I am really excited about this release.
    10-24-2015 06:06 AM
    I don't know what everybody is raving about here. I did a clean install on my iPhone 6 and I still have lag in the messages app when bringing up the standard keyboard after start up, there is also lag in the message animations initially. There is lag when scrolling in some settings menus and lag when opening the proactive search screen initially.

Once committed to memory these actions are smooth but it shouldn't lag/stutter in the first place.

Thought this whole iOS 9 thing was a maintenance release and was supposed to be an improvement on iOS 8. Well, it's not and all I've gotten are needless features like a proactive search screen which only populates with apps and contacts, a news app which doesn't work in my country and lag in certain elements of the UI which didn't exist before.

As far as I'm concerned there is really nothing to be happy about. I bet the experience is smooth on the iPhone 6S though due to the RAM upgrade.

Indeed. I still notice lag as well. There is really no excuse for it. iOS 9 doesn't seem to add any new graphical effects or add a bunch of new background processes, so why has performance degraded? It should run at least as smooth as iOS 8 did on the 6 and blaze on the S models.

One major positive with this release though is it appears Apple finally fixed my problem with bluetooth audio glitching/cutting out while playing mp3's. Finally, my $850 phone can play music correctly.
    Last edited by denzilla; 10-24-2015 at 09:46 AM.
    10-24-2015 09:21 AM
    I also prefer to update via iTunes, it does an auto back up to my computer prior to commencing the update. Nice insurance to have. I performed my update via iTunes and I'm in Thailand, it completed in less than 30 minutes. However the Apple servers have been slowing down, it took me more than a day to get the 6 GB El Capitan upgrade on my iMac.
    Before I update my Apple devices, I make sure I sync them first before letting them update. Just something I've been doing since my first iPhone.
    10-24-2015 09:47 AM
    So far I have had my iPhone 6 Plus reboot itself once and my voice mail would not function until I restarted the phone myself. Cannot say at this point that I am really excited about this release.
    Visual Voicemail is a carrier dependent feature. Rebooting your phone probably resolved a whole bunch of network issues besides Visual Voicemail.
    10-24-2015 10:12 AM
    How is this a great release when the iCloud restore bugs that have plagued the iPhone 6s since launch still have not been fixed? I can't restore from any iCloud backup. Spoke to apple support and followed their poor advice and deleted all my backups and restored my phone as new and the same problems persist. I initiate a iCloud restore and it gets stuck at the white apple logo screen. I then have to turn the phone off and on to get it to continue and it won't restore messages, notes or health data. Health app won't register anything going forward also. Multiple built in apps won't have the 3D touch support they are supposed to have. Now I need to make iTunes backups after I've already restored as new. It's the only way for me to have any reliable backup right now. I'm not the only person experiencing this either. My girlfriends 6s exhibits some of the most of the same issues during a iCloud restore and there are multiple threads on Apple's support community website as well.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7252301

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7269045

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7258082

http://forums.imore.com/ios-9/343086...02-issues.html

etc..
    Did you restore from a back up?
    10-24-2015 10:27 AM
    Visual Voicemail is a carrier dependent feature. Rebooting your phone probably resolved a whole bunch of network issues besides Visual Voicemail.
    I don't subscribe to visual voice mail. I was referring to standard voice mail.
    10-24-2015 10:33 AM
    I don't subscribe to visual voice mail. I was referring to standard voice mail.
    All voicemail is a carrier service not related to Apple.
    10-24-2015 10:40 AM
    Yeah when I was habitually switching between platforms, I'd always have to call Verizon to get my visual voicemail straightened out on my iOS device!
    10-24-2015 10:40 AM
    All voicemail is a carrier service not related to Apple.
    I am aware of that. Still doesn't take away from the fact it wouldn't work until I restarted the device.
    10-24-2015 10:59 AM
    I am aware of that. Still doesn't take away from the fact it wouldn't work until I restarted the device.
    A hard reset (restart) works for many things. Your iPhone is a tiny computer. As such, it will, at times, require a reboot. That's normal. Enjoy your phone!
    10-24-2015 11:03 AM
    First time it happened for me, that's all. Recently I feel that iOS updates cause me more grief than good. Still enjoy it though. I may restore it if problems continue.
    10-24-2015 12:22 PM
186 ... 45678