I updated my phone to 9.0.2. In the setup I did not set a password. Restarted my phone and it now is looking for a password that I did not set I bypassed. Does anyone have any ideas how to get into the phone? Calling Apple Tech was a total waste of time.
    10-10-2015 04:15 PM
    Is this your phone? Did you previously have a passcode?
    10-10-2015 04:17 PM
    Do you refer to the 4 or 6 digit passcode, or the Activation lock password?
    10-10-2015 04:21 PM
    The phone never had a password. Once I upgraded it the phone kept asking for a password. I entered numbers so often that it now says iPhone disabled connect to iTunes. I have no backup or I cloud. I need to get into the phone and Apple didn't warn about not entering a password and my phone never had a lock. Thanks for any assistance
    10-10-2015 04:55 PM
    The phone has been mine since new and I'm referring to the 4/6 digit passcode that also permits emergency calls on the lock screen. Again Thanks
    10-10-2015 05:00 PM
    First of all, you cannot bypass it. You have to enter the correct passcode or wipe the device and start over. If you do not have a backup, then all your data will be gone.

Secondly, did someone own this device previous to you? If so, it is likely that this is their passcode that was never removed from the device.

Thirdly, and not that it really matters if you cannot remember what it is, but are you SURE that you did not set a passcode or password on the device after you updated it to the new OS version? Every single device that I updated to iOS 9 (and above) requested a passcode/password to be set during the setup process. There's an option to not set a password, which you can select during the process.
    10-10-2015 05:01 PM
    The phone never had a password. Once I upgraded it the phone kept asking for a password. I entered numbers so often that it now says iPhone disabled connect to iTunes. I have no backup or I cloud. I need to get into the phone and Apple didn't warn about not entering a password and my phone never had a lock. Thanks for any assistance
    The phone is locked and you cannot open it? That would be the 4 or 6 digit passcode. I'm still not sure if that's it. Is the phone open?
    10-10-2015 05:01 PM
    If it's the passcode used to open the phone, you will have to plug it in the computer and put it in DFU mode and restore. It's the only way. Unfortunately you lose everything, including photos not backed up. Absolutely no other way if you can't remember the passcode.
    If it's the set up activation password, you can reset it if you have the email address associated with the Apple ID.
    Regardless of which, you will need the email address.
    10-10-2015 05:15 PM
    I did about 5 days worth of research trying to find a "work around" for the situation but unfortunately everything I read is saying what you're saying. I guess there is no "default" code in place that permits access until one actually sets their code. I was lax in not backing up but I didn't think just upgrading would screw everything up. I did skip the password setup during the upgrading process but I guess IOS 9.0.2 knew better and felt I needed one anyway.
    10-10-2015 05:24 PM
    Thanks guys for the info. It just confirmed my 5 days of research trying to figure out if there was a "work around". There ain't at least not yet.
    10-10-2015 06:34 PM
    Thanks guys for the info. It just confirmed my 5 days of research trying to figure out if there was a "work around". There ain't at least not yet.
    You're not going to find a "workaround".
    10-10-2015 06:43 PM
    Yep. It wouldn't be much of a security feature if there was a "work around".
    10-10-2015 07:35 PM