Trash icon when PLAYING videos you took is gone?

Jackie1

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
You used to be able to delete videos you took with your iphone, on the fly, while the video was playing.

So, if you play a video you took, when you play it back, the trash icon isn't there until AFTER the video has ended or you stop it first. This makes it a pain to delete videos if you have a lot of them. I came from ios 6, and don't know if this was taken away in other ios versions, but that trash icon is there for photos all the time, but not for videos, until after the video stops.... Can it be added back, and is this a bug?

Jackie1

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
No, sorry. I'm just talking about playback of videos you already took. I have many videos that I've shot with this phone. There used to be a trash icon that would would see while the video was playing if you tapped the screen while the video was playing. That trash icon is gone, unless you stop the video, or wait for the video to end. It's just annoying. I came from ios 6, and don't know when apple removed the feature in this instance.

To replicate, play a video you shot from your camera roll. After a few seconds, as it's playing, tap the screen... There used to be trash icon while the video was playing. Now it's gone until video has ended.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You used to be able to delete videos you took with your iphone, on the fly, while the video was playing.

So, if you play a video you took, when you play it back, the trash icon isn't there until AFTER the video has ended or you stop it first. This makes it a pain to delete videos if you have a lot of them. I came from ios 6, and don't know if this was taken away in other ios versions, but that trash icon is there for photos all the time, but not for videos, until after the video stops.... Can it be added back, and is this a bug?

I suppose the option to delete a video "while playing it" is no longer available. I would guess that Apple assumed that people would delete the videos with prior to or after watching them.

Jackie1

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I guess, but it's annoying. And worst case, if you delete by mistake, it would still do to recently deleted. Every once in a while a go through my fine to delete stuff and make space, and that handy trash icon while playing was nice. Sometimes you wonder why they change stuff. It was more of a feature that's gone and just takes you longer and adds more steps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox