Tools for sketch not appearing, how can I get them working?

Vince1227

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
Tools for sketch not appearing

I updated to IOS 9, then to 9.0.1 and now to 9.0.2. I am using the new notes on Iphone 6 and Ipad air 2. The first time I tried the sketch feature it worked. I thought it was neat. After I closed notes and then reopened it and pressed the sketch figure no tools appear. The sketch box appears but I can't do anything with it. This is on the phone and Ipad. I tried restarting, in fact every update restarts the devices. I do have notes set for iCloud, it no longer syncs with Yosemite. I believe upon updating to the new notes it said It wouldn't sync until I updated to EL Capitan. Could that be the reason the tools don't show up in notes? I would think that others would have this problem.

I Updated to EL Cap on my iMac today. (10/4/15). Notes now sync but still no sketch tools on Iphone and Ipad. Someone must have a fix.

Another update. If I close the app with the app switcher I can get the tools and use them. This is a one time use unless I close the app again. That is not ideal and I don't think that it was designed that way, but it's a start.

Last edited:

ernbrdn

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Re: Tools for sketch not appearing

I have the exact issue. Sent in to apple feedback hope it gets fixed soon.

scottMan1

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

I can't use notes that are shared with other devices. Only time the sketch works is for the notes that's just on my phone. I have my whole family and a wide range of devices shared that could be why. There may be a way to get it to work with sync but I have not found out yet.

ernbrdn

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site

I seemed to fix it last night by logging into iCloud web mad opening notes. Whatever happened the sketch has been working perfectly for 24+ hours. Knock on wood.

ernbrdn

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site

Sketch still working for me perfectly after logging into iCloud notes on the web.

pacorob

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site

No problems here with Sketch in Notes on both iPad mini2 and iPhone 5s running 9.0.2

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner