App updates for apps that already were updated?

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I just checked the App Store and saw that I had 24 updates pending. However, most of the apps already were updated at least a week ago (according to the date on the update), so I have no idea why they would have to update again. Has anyone else seen odd behavior like this? I have never seen this prior to iOS 9.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
There are a lot of apps that may have had a maintenance release just prior to iOS9 coming out are now releasing iOS9 versions... It happens...

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
There are a lot of apps that may have had a maintenance release just prior to iOS9 coming out are now releasing iOS9 versions... It happens...

Much appreciated. I didn't even think of that, but with all of the other issues people have had, I figured it was worth asking. Thanks again.

kenk2

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
Same problem here: many already-updated apps asking to be re-updated in the App Store.

First noticed it last night. Thought/hoped the problem would go away or right itself after a few hours (maybe an App Store transient bug), but nope, no such luck.

Affected devices are all running iOS 9.0:
iPhone5s
iPad Air
iPad Air 2

anon(2254645)

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Same here. Woke up this morning to 6 more "updates". Same apps, same version number, and update dates were listed as several days ago (when I originally updated them). Something is definitely wrong. Is the App Store going overboard as a result of the XCode "infection" this week? Particularly annoying are the Microsoft Office updates repeating; pretty time-consuming.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen