Stuck on Slide to Upgrade Screen? Here's the fix!

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, since iOS 9 dropped a lot of people had issues with the install and are stuck on the slide to upgrade screen where you can't do anything to your phone because it's in a loop.

The only fix for this at the moment is to put your phone into recovery mode (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201263), connect it to iTunes and when iTunes shows the iPhone or device in recovery, choose to RESTORE. Do NOT choose the update option or you will continue to be in the same loop!

*Make sure you update iTunes to version 12.3 FIRST*

If you did not previously do a backup of your device, you'll unfortunately lose all of your data. Just a heads up.

I've found that this issue only occurs if you update from settings via OTA but a clean install on iTunes will work fine and wipe out any bugs you may have/had.

I hope this finds anyone who is having this issue at the time.

** Update: Now you're able to select 'update' instead of restore. Update will put you on iOS 9.0.1

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for this. Hopefully, those who are experiencing the stuck on slide to upgrade screen will read your post and get their device up and running. Thanks again...:)