Since upgrading to iOS9, my front camera doesn't work on Facetime?

I

iMore Question

Since upgrading to ios9 my front camera doesn't work on Facetime

On my iPad when using FaceTime, I can see the person I am speaking to, but they can't see me. The reverse camera does work.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: Since upgrading to ios9 my front camera doesn't work on Facetime

Try doing a Hard Reset and see if that fixes the issue

kathmart7

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site

Hi,
I have had the same issue as well and other family members. Tried all the fixes on the net but nothing works. Can only hope Apple pull their finger out and release an update with a fix on. Think it's disgraceful this update was released with so many issues.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

Welcome to iMore kathmart

There have been a few bugs that appear to be hit or miss with our users but  is quick to address them so stay tuned and we should be getting a fix soon

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

On my iPad when using FaceTime, I can see the person I am speaking to, but they can't see me. The reverse camera does work.

Hi,
I have had the same issue as well and other family members. Tried all the fixes on the net but nothing works. Can only hope Apple pull their finger out and release an update with a fix on. Think it's disgraceful this update was released with so many issues.
A few things to think about.... Make sure you are both on the same be it using celular data or both of you are on WIFI, You are both usinf=g the same contact info you have listed for FT calls and last but not least when you answer on whichever end when the call comes in or have it set up that it is being answered not just to see the person with audio as well and not just camera.
I know these are mere easy things but sometimes the boldest and brightest forget things lord knows I do and then you think or assume a problem when there is none. Good luck.

If none of what I mentioned does not work then as a last resort make an appt for genius bar or call Apple tech support. :)

Zuhl3156

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site

Welcome to iMore kathmart

There have been a few bugs that appear to be hit or miss with our users but  is quick to address them so stay tuned and we should be getting a fix soon
I am having the same problem with my iPhone 5 but didn't see anything posted in that forum. Has this been addressed by Apple? I hope I'm not hijacking this thread but it is the exact same problem with iOS 9.

Zuhl3156

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site

Hi,

Same here with an iPhone 5. I just noticed it today.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro