Ad-Blockers

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Nope ad blockers NOT WORKING. I enabled them in settings yet story is the same. I downloaded two free versions

Works fine for me .. I use crystal just make sure you open the app to let it update to the most recent block list .. As of now it is 10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I am also using Crystal on my ipad at the moment and it seems to be working fine. I don't mind the banner ads but the pop ups really get to me especially when I have to wait 5 seconds or so to get any information. Google doesn't like ad blockers in their play store but they are available outside and with Apple on board, it is going to be interesting to see how things play out.

rluka

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Google doesn't like ad blockers in their play store but they are available outside and with Apple on board, it is going to be interesting to see how things play out.
Don't export encryption you can't break.

Probably the same thing. Imagining this scenario:
Google introduced a new API for ad-blocking in their Google Play Store API that many devs are using. The marketplace is then flooded with ad blocking apps and they are highly featured.
This API will be made to allow "fair and unobtrusive ads" to pass through, and other method to make ad blocking outside this will be severely limited by Android's updates.

alokeprasad

Feb 18, 2005
Visit site
Enable multiple Ad-Blockers?

I have multiple ad blockers downloaded and installed (just because we have to check them all out, right?)

AdBlock Plus - addon for iOS safari, released recently
Crystal
Purify
Peace - withdrawn from the App store

Question 1: I see talk about checking the block list versions (of Crystal, for example). How do I do that? I see no place in Settings for Crystal or when opening the app itself to get the list versions.

Question 2: Is there any benefit/harm in enabling multiple ad blockers? Do they work synergistically, do they interfere w each other? Apple allows you to enable them all. I did disable Peace, as it is a dead-end product.

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I got it to work, thanks guys. It's almost not worth it. I don't want to have to open the app constantly to refresh it and reload web pages just to hide one on a page. I would like it if it was a setting to be automatic... I'm probably just going to delete it

I've been using Peace (which you can't get anymore) and Purify. Neither of those need to run in the background. It really makes browsing much easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LimonJoe

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
So I have downloaded 'Crystal', one of the most popular, well-rated ad-blocker apps on the App Store. I have activated it in Safari's settings as I've been instructed to do so by the app... Yet, I have seen zero difference in ads popping up while surfing the mobile web.

Did I miss something?

I use Freedom. Works great.

Wallace

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Weird. I have been using Purify for a while now and really like it. I have it on both my iPad and iPhone. Recently there was an update, which I took on my devices directly.

When I used iTunes a couple of days later, I checked for app updates and sure enough, Purity was there amongst others..

The problem is that all other apps download den successfully, but Purify failed saying it was unavailable from the App Store!

It still fails today.

FWIW I am in the UK.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Weird. I have been using Purify for a while now and really like it. I have it on both my iPad and iPhone. Recently there was an update, which I took on my devices directly.

When I used iTunes a couple of days later, I checked for app updates and sure enough, Purity was there amongst others..

The problem is that all other apps download den successfully, but Purify failed saying it was unavailable from the App Store!

It still fails today.

FWIW I am in the UK.

Is it still in your purchased list? If so, go to it in the purchased list and tap on it. If it is highlighted, then it's available. If it does not show, then it's been removed. In which case you can not update it. You can still use it as is.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

It still fails today.

FWIW I am in the UK.

Maybe it's no longer available for your specific region. I use it all the time on my iPhone 6 Plus and it is still available via the U.S. App Store. Anyway, give it 24 hours to see if it becomes available for download.

Wallace

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Well, I tried again last night and it works OK. Nothings has changed on my part so I'm guessing Apple have been 'playing'.

Anyway, it works now.

beccando

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm surprised no one has mentioned to you that the App Store began blocking all new downloads of ad blockers for any mobile platforms. So I'm assuming they also stopped updating any old ones. I'm sure you can find relevant and helpful information at The purify developer website

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm surprised no one has mentioned to you that the App Store began blocking all new downloads of ad blockers for any mobile platforms. So I'm assuming they also stopped updating any old ones. I'm sure you can find relevant and helpful information at The purify developer website

There was an update for Purify a few days ago.

Wallace

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Yes. That initially was the problem as I couldn't get the update. iTunes showed me an update was available, but when I clicked to download, it said it was missing and gave an URL.

It has since, however, sorted it's self out and I now have the update installed on all my iDevices.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes. That initially was the problem as I couldn't get the update. iTunes showed me an update was available, but when I clicked to download, it said it was missing and gave an URL.

It has since, however, sorted it's self out and I now have the update installed on all my iDevices.

Great! Thanks for the update.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox