Why aren’t my contacts showing up in a search?

AmerAshraf

Dec 9, 2016
Visit site
Re: Contacts not coming up in search

Im using iPhone 6 with ISO 10.1.1. Some times it shows contacts while searching and most of times i am unable to search any contact. While i can get my required contact by dragging down. After rebooting my phone twice or thrice it automatically search my contacts. It is happening since i upgraded my phone with iSO10. please help.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Im using iPhone 6 with ISO 10.1.1. Some times it shows contacts while searching and most of times i am unable to search any contact. While i can get my required contact by dragging down. After rebooting my phone twice or thrice it automatically search my contacts. It is happening since i upgraded my phone with iSO10. please help.

Do you have a contact card set up for yourself? If not, set one up with your name, phone number, email and address. Then go to settings > contacts> my info> scroll to your contact card and tap on it. See if that helps.

Saghar Jalal

Dec 15, 2016
Visit site

EASY Solution:

I am also suffering from this problem, i cannot solve the problem but i have a good way to get rapidly your required contact.

So, follow the way:

At home page menu > slide left for Widgets > where your recent items displayed > at top > "SEARCH"

use this search for contacts also, your required name will be displayed here 100% ......
&
don't forget to complain iOS for fixing this bugs after upgrade iOS 10.1.1....

Thanks & Regards,

teweeweet

Dec 16, 2016
Visit site

I had the same problem, tried everything and not working, Until I decided to upgrade the newest iOS 10.2 and the contact search working again

hansenk88

Jan 11, 2017
Visit site

I did the group thing. I have an iPhone 6s Plus and ever since I switched back to iPhone I wasn't able to search all my contacts. One in particular that I don't always talk to but when I need to, I'd have to go all the way through my texts to call her. I could never just search her contact. I went into my contact, tapped group, changed it to "show all contacts" and now I can search anyone. Thank you for all your help guys! The spotlight suggestions didn't work for me..

Rohith Dabba

Jun 1, 2017
Visit site

Simply go to settings>General>spotlight search>Turn off Siri suggestions, Suggestions in lookup,Suggestions in search
Then turn on again. Now turn off ur device by holding power button for 10 seconds then restart.
Here you go
Mine solved.
I'm using IPhone 6 Plus iOS 10.1.1

xerbery

Jan 5, 2018
Visit site

I think the hard reset works for all cases. Try the hard reset first to see how.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh