iOS9 Contacts

konjis1

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
So i was expecting to see my favorites (contacts) when i swipe to the right but all i see are Siri suggestions and "Nearby". How do i get my contacts on that page?

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I noticed it takes a little bit to show up. At first it just shows 4 on the phone and then you get the option to show more and get 8. I don't get the option for more on the iPad though. I'd much prefer to be able to select favorites instead of what Siri gives me. It's done okay, show my DH, kids, parents but then randomly shows one of DD's friends but won't show my sister. Not sure what it uses to determine who to show but seems we should be the ones to choose.

eta: Sorry, long winded way of saying as far as I know you can't choose your favorites, Siri chooses what she thinks we want to see. Not a fan, cause she's not getting it right.

konjis1

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply...i guess i haven't called enough people as of yet for her to know who i call the most. ughhh...wish i could select them as well!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply...i guess i haven't called enough people as of yet for her to know who i call the most. ughhh...wish i could select them as well!

Why not use favorites in the phone app? That works for me. Also you could use a widget app and have favorites in the pull down Notification Center. There's several to choose from. You won't get favorites in Spotlight Search. It's just some recents.

konjis1

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Why not use favorites in the phone app? That works for me. Also you could use a widget app and have favorites in the pull down Notification Center. There's several to choose from. You won't get favorites in Spotlight Search. It's just some recents.

What widgets to do recommend?

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site

I know a lot of people weren't fond of the contacts up top but I really was. So easy to reach up and tap someone's photo. I don't mind going to Favorites but I tell ya, trying to get it to stick in my Dad's head just to tap the star for Favorites is an exercise in futility. Having favorites available with a double click for him changed MY world, lol. I'll probably just leave him on 8.4 as long as possible.

Anyway, it just seems odd that we can't choose what to show versus what Siri "thinks." I suppose I will text my sis a bunch today to get her to show up in there. 😆

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I noticed it takes a little bit to show up. At first it just shows 4 on the phone and then you get the option to show more and get 8. I don't get the option for more on the iPad though. I'd much prefer to be able to select favorites instead of what Siri gives me. It's done okay, show my DH, kids, parents but then randomly shows one of DD's friends but won't show my sister. Not sure what it uses to determine who to show but seems we should be the ones to choose.

eta: Sorry, long winded way of saying as far as I know you can't choose your favorites, Siri chooses what she thinks we want to see. Not a fan, cause she's not getting it right.

You don't get the Show More prompt on the iPad, but you also get 6 contacts instead of the 4 you get on the iPhone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2