Right. I do the same. No need for an email address unless you're using an iPad. I used to have emails listed along with the number, but iOS 8 changed how it worked. So I removed the emails. But each device should have "sent and Receive", with their Apple ID like yours. Do the other devices not have an Apple ID?
    I don't even recall seeing the "send and receive" options on the device in question. With work today for myself and my son at school I plan on looking into it more extensively this weekend. Thinking my next step may have to be "restore as new" which has to be done on the computer via iTunes correct?
    09-18-2015 10:09 AM
    For those who have headaches with iOS 9 just restore as new and empty battery completely and charge it at least for 5 hours. That will do the trick.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    There is no way I'm restoring as new. I have years of saved data on my account. This shouldn't be the solution, Apple needs to fix this asap!! Just imagine if they would have not "focused" on what they promised for iOS 9, would've been a real nightmare, to say the least. I really don't understand how this could happen.
    09-18-2015 11:50 AM
    Im very disappointed with iOS9 so far.

iPhone battery has been the worst i've ever seen on any iPhone. Charged to 100% and went to sleep. After 8 hours only in standby my battery dropped to 79%, never seen something like that.
    (iPhone 6)

Vainglory on iPad Air is stuttering like hell. Before iOS9 i have never had any kind of problem, always super smooth.

They really tested it for several months to come up with this ???? I want iOS 8 back .... Cant use my iOS devices like this
    Completely not my experience.
    And my battery life is excellent.
    These are from this morning.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6 while I wait for my NEW AWESOME GORGEOUS SEXY 128GB iPhone 6s Plus in Rose Gold
    09-18-2015 11:54 AM
    I don't even recall seeing the "send and receive" options on the device in question. With work today for myself and my son at school I plan on looking into it more extensively this weekend. Thinking my next step may have to be "restore as new" which has to be done on the computer via iTunes correct?
    You could try "reset all settIngs" if there is no sent and Receive. Does that phone have an Apple ID? If reset all settings doesn't work, then restore as new. Not from a back up.
    09-18-2015 12:39 PM
    You could try "reset all settIngs" if there is no sent and Receive. Does that phone have an Apple ID? If reset all settings doesn't work, then restore as new. Not from a back up.
    I will try that also. The phone is set up with its own Apple ID. Just seems odd because he is signed into his Apple ID in the "iCloud" area of the settings yet we are unable to activate iMessage and FaceTime.
    09-18-2015 12:48 PM
    Wow. Like QB, this has not been my experience at all, everything has been beyond perfect.
    IOS 7 destroyed my iPhone 5 and iPad 4, enough to cause me to leave Apple for 18 months (BIG mistake, lol) so when I came back with the iPad Air and iPhone 6, I made sure I set up my devices exactly how Apple intends for them to work, maniacally followed through with all the updates as they came in, I have no idea if that helped in keeping IOS 9 smooth and steady or if it was just pure dumb luck but holy petunias this time, I'm having a blast!

Battery life will often tank to alarmingly low levels when the IOS is upgraded but in my experience only for a couple of days, it's almost as if the device needs a couple of days to acquaint itself with the new IOS and then BAM!! it stabilizes itself and now my battery life is greatly improved on both my Air 2 and my 6 Plus. Not sure about my iTouch 5th gen, yet.

I also find my phone and iPad much faster and smoother than before.

The new bells and whistles are just pure coolness.

Sean is going to faint but for the first time ever, I have nothing but praise for the IOS update. *iz happy*
    kataran and qbnkelt like this.
    09-18-2015 01:18 PM
    Wow. Like QB, this has not been my experience at all, everything has been beyond perfect.
    IOS 7 destroyed my iPhone 5 and iPad 4, enough to cause me to leave Apple for 18 months (BIG mistake, lol) so when I came back with the iPad Air and iPhone 6, I made sure I set up my devices exactly how Apple intends for them to work, maniacally followed through with all the updates as they came in, I have no idea if that helped in keeping IOS 9 smooth and steady or if it was just pure dumb luck but holy petunias this time, I'm having a blast!

Battery life will often tank to alarmingly low levels when the IOS is upgraded but in my experience only for a couple of days, it's almost as if the device needs a couple of days to acquaint itself with the new IOS and then BAM!! it stabilizes itself and now my battery life is greatly improved on both my Air 2 and my 6 Plus. Not sure about my iTouch 5th gen, yet.

I also find my phone and iPad much faster and smoother than before.

The new bells and whistles are just pure coolness.

Sean is going to faint but for the first time ever, I have nothing but praise for the IOS update. *iz happy*
    What exactly did iOS 7 do to destroy your 5? 10 words or less!
    09-18-2015 01:33 PM
    What exactly did iOS 7 do to destroy your 5? 10 words or less!
    You're on!

1. it
    2. turned
    3. both
    4. devices
    5. into
    6. worthless
    7. fubar
    8. ugly
    9. nasty
    10. BRICKS!!!

09-18-2015 06:53 PM
    You're on!

1. it
    2. turned
    3. both
    4. devices
    5. into
    6. worthless
    7. fubar
    8. ugly
    9. nasty
    10. BRICKS!!!

Wierd it did 2 that way. Odds are against it. When you saw what iOS 7 looked like, you banged them both up against the wall.
    Evilguppy likes this.
    09-18-2015 07:06 PM
    Nothing really to contribute, just wanted to add everything seems to be running fine on my iPhone 6 with iOS 9 update. So far I'm liking it.
    09-18-2015 08:37 PM
    For those who have headaches with iOS 9 just restore as new and empty battery completely and charge it at least for 5 hours. That will do the trick.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    Modern lithium batteries do not develop memory or require calibration. They also do not like being completely drained or staying fully charged. You are hurting your battery, not helping it by doing that.
    09-18-2015 08:58 PM
    Sorry that you are having problems. I haven't had any so far. So I guess that I'm lucky. I have been loving this update.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    My 6 Plus was at 87% when I got home from work at 7pm.

I last charged it last night at 9pm.

Man, iOS 9 is THE WORST.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    09-18-2015 09:59 PM
    There is no way I'm restoring as new. I have years of saved data on my account. This shouldn't be the solution, Apple needs to fix this asap!! Just imagine if they would have not "focused" on what they promised for iOS 9, would've been a real nightmare, to say the least. I really don't understand how this could happen.
    You do realize every tech company ever has 'factory reset and restore as new" as their first tech support suggestion, right?

The only thing you can rely on with electronics is that they'll break at some point. It just happens.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    09-18-2015 10:03 PM
    "Just restore as new". That's one sweet solution. Just trash all the time and effort you've spent configuring the phone for the last 6 months because your developers and QA goons screwed up.
    09-18-2015 10:35 PM
    I have posted this in a similar thread. Probably wouldn't hurt to share it here as well. Just discovered some bug with reachability in the new News App. At least it doesn't behave in the same manner as in other screens and apps.

With reachability, tapping twice on the home button will bring the screen half-way down thus allowing easy reach of the back buttons. Once back button is tapped, the screen automatically returns to full view.

This isn't the case from within the new News app. We would need to double tap the home button again to manually bring back to full view. Somewhat annoying. Hope Apple fixes this.
    09-19-2015 05:34 AM
    I will try that also. The phone is set up with its own Apple ID. Just seems odd because he is signed into his Apple ID in the "iCloud" area of the settings yet we are unable to activate iMessage and FaceTime.
    FYI - I've restored my sons phone as new and all appears to be working fine so far.
    09-19-2015 12:48 PM
    Modern lithium batteries do not develop memory or require calibration. They also do not like being completely drained or staying fully charged. You are hurting your battery, not helping it by doing that.
    No, they don't. Folks are confused. It's not the battery that needs calibrating. It's the % guage. And allowing the battery to run down to 1%, then charge it up to 100% plus, helps regulate it so it shows more correctly. It doesn't hurt the battery. Charging often will.
    09-19-2015 02:55 PM
    No, they don't. Folks are confused. It's not the battery that needs calibrating. It's the % guage. And allowing the battery to run down to 1%, then charge it up to 100% plus, helps regulate it so it shows more correctly. It doesn't hurt the battery. Charging often will.

How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries - Battery University

Similar to a mechanical device that wears out faster with heavy use, so also does the depth of discharge (DoD) determine the cycle count. The shorter the discharge (low DoD), the longer the battery will last. If at all possible, avoid full discharges and charge the battery more often between uses. Partial discharge on Li-ion is fine. There is no memory and the battery does not need periodic full discharge cycles to prolong life. The exception may be a periodic calibration of the fuel gauge on a smart battery or intelligent device.
    The last sentence agrees with your claim that the % gauge needs a reset.

As for keeping the battery at 100%

Lithium-ion suffers from stress when exposed to heat, so does keeping a cell at a high charge voltage. A battery dwelling above 30C (86F) is considered elevated temperature and for most Li-ion, a voltage above 4.10V/cell is deemed as high voltage. Exposing the battery to high temperature and dwelling in a full state-of-charge for an extended time can be more stressful than cycling. Table 3 demonstrates capacity loss as a function of temperature and SoC.
    and

Li-ion does not need to be fully charged, as is the case with lead acid, nor is it desirable to do so. In fact, it is better not to fully charge, because a high voltage stresses the battery. Choosing a lower voltage threshold, or eliminating the saturation charge altogether, prolongs battery life
    http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/a..._ion_batteries
    Last edited by denzilla; 09-19-2015 at 07:44 PM.
    09-19-2015 07:30 PM
    Nearly everyone charges overnight without ill effects.
    Leaving it on the charger an extra 30 minutes after it reaches 100% will not hurt it. It's like the car gas gauge. When it gets to full, it'll hold more. Leaving the battery to charge past what the % says gets it up to full. When it reaches full, it stops. It will not overcharge.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/...hones-battery/

http://mashable.com/2014/06/18/phone.../#tiAZaJRdCEkH
    09-19-2015 08:41 PM
    I'm sorry that's been the case for you. I have an iPhone 6 as well, but I'm experiencing the exact opposite in the area of battery life. I'm finding that it's much improved. I use my phone constantly, too.
    09-21-2015 07:55 AM
    Hello, I'm using iOS 9 in my iPhone 6.
    There are some bugs in new iOS.
    1. Some times , there comes messages and I iMessage but not coming sounds, noting comes to notifications...
    2. Some times, iPhone using effects losing, like reduce motions enabled but motions are not activated and lose effects....
    3. In my iPhone, when I update updated apps, there are no blue dots some updates, some updated apps has blue dots...
    4. When I connect to my iTunes , updated apps in my iPhone, updated apps cannot transferring to in my iTunes library....
    5. iTunes 12.3 always asks for iCloud password whenever I open it? I can't rid of this issue ?
    6. Some apps like games English and my default language is Turkish but Turkish games changed to English...
    7. Contact pictures that I've created after iOS 9, can not seen in messages app, it shows name and surname first Characters of contacts.

iHarika iPhone'umdan gnderildi.
    09-21-2015 09:38 AM
    My experience so far with iOS 9 on my iPhone 6 has been lag and stuttering when changing between apps, or delay when opening the keyboard and sliding over to the left screen to the suggestions screen. It's not really that bad but there was no lag or anything before iOS 9. Everything worked smooth as silk. I'm getting a new 6s so it'll be ok to use until I get my new device. Maybe it will smooth out with time.
    09-21-2015 10:15 AM
    I have to agree with some of the people that this is the worst iOS update that I have experienced with. A lot of things here and there don't work properly on my phone since I update it and I'm using iPhone 6. Don't know how long will it be until Apple fixed these issues on this iOS
    09-21-2015 10:18 AM
    I have to agree with some of the people that this is the worst iOS update that I have experienced with. A lot of things here and there don't work properly on my phone since I update it and I'm using iPhone 6. Don't know how long will it be until Apple fixed these issues on this iOS
    What problem do you have?
    09-21-2015 05:20 PM
    I upgraded to iOS9 today. Install went smooth. Signed in and that is when the fit hit the shan. Completely frozen. Reboots do not work. Can not enter pass code. I do receive phone calls and texts but all I can do is listen to the ring.

Suggestions please

Thank you
    09-21-2015 09:27 PM
55 123