I downloaded iOS 9 and now the game center doesn't work. What could the problem be?

Morac

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
Re: I downloaded iOS 9 and now the game center doesn't work. What could the probl...

How do you sign out of game centre if you can't get onto it?

In Settings under Game Center. If that doesn't load, something is blocking Game Center or your account is broken.

dbbfec3fd906adeb07d9db35663f6a59.jpg

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I downloaded iOS 9 and now the game center doesn't work. What could the probl...

In Settings under Game Center. If that doesn't load, something is blocking Game Center or your account is broken.

//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/11/dbbfec3fd906adeb07d9db35663f6a59.jpg

As posted above I did so but it completely froze the phone and it had to be hard reset. Since the phone turned back on I was able to log out and log back into my game centre account but still seeing a white blank screen. Game center was working only an hour ago

Edit: and now it's working again. This is ridiculous. Apple needs to sort out game center

WanShark69

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: I downloaded iOS 9 and now the game center doesn't work. What could the probl...

As posted above I did so but it completely froze the phone and it had to be hard reset. Since the phone turned back on I was able to log out and log back into my game centre account but still seeing a white blank screen. Game center was working only an hour ago

Edit: and now it's working again. This is ridiculous. Apple needs to sort out game center

Yes it could be the Apple's server causing the problems. At least i dont have problems logging data for my clash of clans

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: I downloaded iOS 9 and now the game centre doesn't work

Game center needs a MAJOR overhaul. The amount of problems with it is ridiculous. Not registering achievements at all, not loading, heck I just went to check my achievements and it asked me to sign in. Wtf I didn't sign out in the first place

Ed Boland

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Still having the same problems with Game Center after the 9.2.1 update on my iPhone 6S Plus. Blank page when launching Game Center, and it freezes the settings app when trying to access Game Center in settings.

I've noticed that the games that I already have set up, and have been running for a while, like Clash of Clans will load and run fine... But any new games that use Game Center won't load.

I really don't want to do a factory reset, but it seems that's what it's going to take. Apple really needs to fix this!

Oh btw, I'm having this problem on my iPhone 6S Plus, but on my iPad Air 2 with the latest 9.2.1 update, Game Center (and Game Center in settings!) is working fine!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Still having the same problems with Game Center after the 9.2.1 update on my iPhone 6S Plus. Blank page when launching Game Center, and it freezes the settings app when trying to access Game Center in settings.

I've noticed that the games that I already have set up, and have been running for a while, like Clash of Clans will load and run fine... But any new games that use Game Center won't load.

I really don't want to do a factory reset, but it seems that's what it's going to take. Apple really needs to fix this!

Oh btw, I'm having this problem on my iPhone 6S Plus, but on my iPad Air 2 with the latest 9.2.1 update, Game Center (and Game Center in settings!) is working fine!

Did you try Reset All Settings?
Or a restore?

This:
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5431334?tstart=0

Ed Boland

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Ended up doing a factory reset and all is well now. Kind of a pita having to re-download everything and set everything back up, but now Game Center is working as it should.

I also made sure to do a backup once everything was setup the way I wanted it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Ended up doing a factory reset and all is well now. Kind of a pita having to re-download everything and set everything back up, but now Game Center is working as it should.

Indeed it can be an inconvenience, but the benefits, at least in my experience, are worth the effort.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

You're telling me it's a PITA! Did it 3 days after getting my new 6s Plus in September. Took 3 days to get it all set up. But was worth it. Been running smooth ever since.

Darren Fry

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
My iPad pro does not work either when I open game centre in settings it freezes only way out is to close settings app. Plus if I open it on desktop I just get white blank page totally useless.