iOS 9 bugs

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm on 9.0.1 and battery life on my 6+ is horrid. I've done all the usual power-saving steps and finally called Apple Support today. They suggested the old "wipe clean & restore from backup", which I'll try when I get home. To clarify, I haven't had the beach ball or pinwheel in the status bar, but battery life has gone to hell since 8.4.1.

I figure an app was doing that. It's still bad, but better. The wheel is gone after a hard reset. New phone on the way. This old 5 is retiring.

Iphone smashef

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
Snapchat crashes if you try and save a image or picture before sending(way around this is post it to your story then save. it will crash but then go back on snapchat and delete off your story. its a hassle but the only way around it i could fine)

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
If you have cellular data turned off for certain apps on iOS 8 then upgrade .. In iOS 9 they are stuck that way you can not turn it on.
This is on 9.01 ..
Resetting anything don't work

Only option is restore without a backup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
The more I use this OS version, the more I find it to be the buggiest iOS I've used to date. It probably is the only one where I could make a list a page in length with problems apparently not noticed in the months of testing they had. Wasn't this supposed to be a step away from new features to a more stable OS? Seems to have ended up quite the opposite.

sunflowerseeds

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
This is my first post and it's because I've been driven to distraction by the amount of bugs on iOS 9. I haven't updated to the last two versions because none of the issues I have appear to be solved by them. I did an iTunes install and the phones less than a year old. My bugs are

1. I have the ridiculous number of emails in my inbox unread because I choose to use POP.

2. The message app is glitchy - sometimes I can't get it to type beyond a certain point without shutting the phone or the text app down

3. If I'm on a call, I now can't go into the phone AT ALL once the lock screen has come on - I certainly don't remember it doing that before as I'm sure I've gone into my notes app while I've been on a call before. That would not be possible now.

4. I get a lot of emails of both my updated iPad and the iPhone that say 'message could not be downloaded from the server' where there is an attachment. I can't figure a work around that. My Mac on Yosemite can download them perfectly fine. I won't be downloading ElCapitain any time soon!!!!

5. when I'm in another application and I get a text and the message pops up for a response on my screen, I cannot just cancel it and carry on. The texts seem to need answering in some way - with a "send" before I can get on with what I was doing. This doesn't happen all the time - today it happened once when I could ignore it and once when I couldn't..

6. Tonight I realised for sure that I am not getting all my notifications - certainly not for texts but not sure for other stuff. It's not even all the time. I've also noticed an odd noise for a missed call/voicemail that I never used to have - like a strangulated sound - maybe this particular one is a new one that is supposed to happen but it does sound odd.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
My sister says live photos don't work for her in the messages app. They work fine for me. She has tried and tried multiple ways and no cigar. Works fine for her from the photos app, but not messages.

Not sure if anyone else is seeing it or if it's actually a bug, but thought I'd post to see if anyone else is seeing this issue.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
My sister says live photos don't work for her in the messages app. They work fine for me. She has tried and tried multiple ways and no cigar. Works fine for her from the photos app, but not messages.

Not sure if anyone else is seeing it or if it's actually a bug, but thought I'd post to see if anyone else is seeing this issue.

Mine don't work in iMessage. I have to save to the camera roll.

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
My biggest issue is after slide to open my lock screen there is a 2 second delay before I can open any apps. After the delay I have no issues. Let the phone set for few minutes and same thing happens. Aggravating as hell.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
My biggest issue is after slide to open my lock screen there is a 2 second delay before I can open any apps. After the delay I have no issues. Let the phone set for few minutes and same thing happens. Aggravating as hell.

Upgrade to 9.1 beta if possible that fixed it for me ..

Or try 9.02 that came out today and see if they fixed it in that release

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW