iOS 9 bugs

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Only other thing I see that I'm not a fan of is apple adding another album to my photos. I don't need an album of selfies. At least give us the option of deleting it or moving it to the bottom where I don't have to look at it.
This is the age of selfies/vines/snapchats and so on.

To be honest, I like that folder. As for moving it, that's a pity it isn't possible to do so, but then again, I haven't had the need to move/delete it.
As with everything else, this is a new feature and after a while you won't even notice it's there. Give it some time to grow on you.

LimonJoe

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
Lots of things wrong with this iteration of iOS. I dislike 9.0 in general. The contact photo icons in Messages are intrusive and unnecessary; there should be an option for enabling/disabling those. The settings app seems broken as it opens already a few lines down the screen. iOS 9.0 is generally slower than 8.4.1 in regards to app switcher, navigating the UI, opening apps, even with reduce motion turned on. This release is not as good as 8.4.1, for me anyway, which is what I'll be sticking with. Even if Apple fixes all these issues in 9.1, the unnecessary spotlight search in the leftmost home screen is extremely off-putting.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Lots of things wrong with this iteration of iOS.
Like what?
I dislike 9.0 in general.
Not a problem, and there are others who feel the same way.
The contact photo icons in Messages are intrusive and unnecessary; there should be an option for enabling/disabling those.
Intrusive and unnecessary? That's debatable. I mean, why even have contact photos at all?
The settings app seems broken as it opens already a few lines down the screen.
Seriously! Does it bother you that much?
iOS 9.0 is generally slower than 8.4.1 in regards to app switcher, navigating the UI, opening apps, even with reduce motion turned on.
You could be right, and others have stated the same thing. I don't know because I skipped iOS 8.4 altogether. It has never been installed on my iPhone.
This release is not as good as 8.4.1, for me anyway, which is what I'll be sticking with. Even if Apple fixes all these issues in 9.1, the unnecessary spotlight search in the leftmost home screen is extremely off-putting.

I understand, but don't write-off iOS 9.1 just yet. You may find it worth while for you.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Interesting OP, I was having that problem this morning when I was still on iOS8.4.1, but since I downloaded iOS9, I'm not having that problem anymore, However, when I go to the Notification Center to delete incoming notifications, they "ALL" delete at the same time instead of one app at a time. So far this is my only "BUG"

Ok...Bonehead "user error", I activated the "Group By App" in Notifications and now my app messages in the Notification Center each delete one by one like before....I'm now a HAPPY CAMPER again.....SMILE.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I believe the app update bug had something to do with the App Store and not the iOS 9 update because it seemed to work itself out in my case

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
So I backed my phone up before doing the iOS 9 update. I'm wanting to go back to iOS 8.4.1 then reinstall iOS 9. Is that possible ? In the pics below it says I never performed a backup but in the other pic it says I have a backup in my iCloud.
2f25221e5b58e096871fe32b138ccd5b.jpg
622d05d751c396e58de4414d7f8750b9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus  using Tapatalk

Superjudge

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
So I backed my phone up before doing the iOS 9 update. I'm wanting to go back to iOS 8.4.1 then reinstall iOS 9. Is that possible ? In the pics below it says I never performed a backup but in the other pic it says I have a backup in my iCloud. //images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/17/2f25221e5b58e096871fe32b138ccd5b.jpg//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/17/622d05d751c396e58de4414d7f8750b9.jpg

I'm wondering if that means you have never backed up while on iOS 9. I saw the same thing. I'm keeping an eye on that. Not planning on going back. There are issues. Jittery scrolling and general sluggishness overall but I'm hoping some of these issues are ironed out over time. I'm also on a 5s and upgrading to a 6s + next week so I'll be on 9 whether I want to be or not.

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm wondering if that means you have never backed up while on iOS 9. I saw the same thing. I'm keeping an eye on that. Not planning on going back. There are issues. Jittery scrolling and general sluggishness overall but I'm hoping some of these issues are ironed out over time. I'm also on a 5s and upgrading to a 6s + next week so I'll be on 9 whether I want to be or not.

I'm gonna give it a shot & see what happens. I cancelled my preorder. I'm gonna hold off until the iPhone 7 comes. Only problem I have is my mail app is showing up like this "3...98" in the icon badge & my settings is opening weird.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I believe the app update bug had something to do with the App Store and not the iOS 9 update because it seemed to work itself out in my case

Since the majority of users updated immediately when iOS 9 became available, most app updates for iOS 9 became available for them as well. That caused a server slowdown for AppStore. A few hours later it became stable again.

stoneland

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I and at least one other person on iMore have an Auto-Lock bug, where setting the time at 5 minutes still makes the phone lock at 3 minutes. It seems to affect both 4 and 5 minute settings.

Eddster

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
A few issues. Some slow (laggy) animations, but nothing unbearable. I'm Apple will roll out 9.0.1 soon enough. But this is what my phone now says about my unread email count...😂😂 ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1442507038.859373.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro