Hello -

After upgrading this morning to iOS9, my iCloud backup now shows 0 bytes, a "next backup" size of 0 bytes, and all of my apps are shown as "no data."

Prior to this, on iOS 8.4.1, my backup was about 1.3GB, and nothing else has changed other than upgrading the iOS.

I have already tried rebooting, and logging out and back into iCloud. Nothing works.

Anybody else experience this and is there a fix?

Thank you in advance.
    09-16-2015 09:08 PM
    Hello -

After upgrading this morning to iOS9, my iCloud backup now shows 0 bytes, a "next backup" size of 0 bytes, and all of my apps are shown as "no data."

Prior to this, on iOS 8.4.1, my backup was about 1.3GB, and nothing else has changed other than upgrading the iOS.

I have already tried rebooting, and logging out and back into iCloud. Nothing works.

Thank you in advance.
    Nothing to worry about. It'll reset when you back up again.
    After upgrade to iOS9, iCloud backup says 0 bytes, and all apps have "no data"-imageuploadedbytapatalk1442452432.520248.jpg
    09-16-2015 09:13 PM
    I tried to "Restore iPhone" option still I am not able to backup in iCloud.
    After upgrade to iOS9, iCloud backup says 0 bytes, and all apps have "no data"-img_4540.jpg
    09-16-2015 10:50 PM
    Nothing to worry about. It'll reset when you back up again.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442452432.520248.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	147.9 KB 
ID:	91638
    How did you get the backup to actually work. I start the backup, and it gets to about 98% done, and then it says backup could not be completed.
    09-17-2015 01:54 AM
    How did you get the backup to actually work. I start the backup, and it gets to about 98% done, and then it says backup could not be completed.
    Are you sure you have enough space to back up what is currently on your device? It won't complete if it doesn't have space. Try deleting or moving things first. Delete some apps you don't use or toggle some off in iCloud so they won't be included in the back up. It's not necessary to back up all apps. You can get them from your purchased list. Go to the very last page in iCloud on your device. Toggle apps off.
    09-17-2015 08:09 AM
    I've got the same problem. It shows 0bytes on everything, but if I try to do a backup, it says "Not Enough Storage This iPad cannot be backed up becasue there is not enough iCloud storage available. You can manage your storage in settings" When I go there it shows EVERY single app as part of the backup, but I can't toggle them off. When I try it says "Cannot Turn off Backup Backups for <APPNAME> cannot be turned off at this time" and I get a Try Again or OK button.

Nothing I do will let me toggle anything off and I can't even delete the existing backup.
    09-17-2015 10:13 AM
    Hello -

Thank you in advance.
    Me too. Exact same issue happening. Nothing I do will allow me to do an iCloud backup.
    09-17-2015 11:08 AM
    Are you sure you have enough space to back up what is currently on your device? It won't complete if it doesn't have space. Try deleting or moving things first. Delete some apps you don't use or toggle some off in iCloud so they won't be included in the back up. It's not necessary to back up all apps. You can get them from your purchased list. Go to the very last page in iCloud on your device. Toggle apps off.
    Yes, space is not an issue at all. My iPhone takes 1.3GB, and my iPad takes 750MB, so I usually hover around 2GB, and have the free 5GB.
    09-17-2015 11:15 AM
    Yes, space is not an issue at all. My iPhone takes 1.3GB, and my iPad takes 750MB, so I usually hover around 2GB, and have the free 5GB.
    You try toggling auto back up on and let it do it's thing? Needs to be on WiFi, plugged in, and asleep.
    09-17-2015 11:23 AM
    You try toggling auto back up on and let it do it's thing? Needs to be on WiFi, plugged in, and asleep.
    Yup, tried that too. Also tried logging out and back into iCloud, and nothing works.
    09-17-2015 11:47 AM
    Could be an issue on Apple's end... traffic?? Or a network issue between you and Apple having issues... I had trouble with a previous beta and iCloud backups - and kept trying until I got a manual backup to work. Things have been fine since.
    09-17-2015 11:49 AM
    same issue for me. I removed the backup file and triggered a new one and after that's it's fine. Did a reset of my phone and restored it with the new back up.
    09-17-2015 12:11 PM
    Apple says it's the servers bogged down. All is ok. Try doing a back up late at night.
    09-17-2015 01:06 PM
    Apple says it's the servers bogged down. All is ok. Try doing a back up late at night.
    I actually just got off the phone with Apple Care as well, and they claim that when I upgraded to iOS 9 yesterday OTA, it must have for some unknown reason downloaded one of the public betas, and that is what is causing the communication problem between my phone and iCloud.

They recommend the nuclear option of restoring as new and then recovering from a local backup. I hate doing that because with the volume of music I store on my device that process takes like 7 or 8 hours, but I guess I have no choice.
    09-17-2015 01:09 PM
    I actually just got off the phone with Apple Care as well, and they claim that when I upgraded to iOS 9 yesterday OTA, it must have for some unknown reason downloaded one of the public betas, and that is what is causing the communication problem between my phone and iCloud.

They recommend the nuclear option of restoring as new and then recovering from a local backup. I hate doing that because with the volume of music I store on my device that process takes like 7 or 8 hours, but I guess I have no choice.
    I haven't been on beta. He looked at my iCloud account and saw 3 back ups. The latest on the 15th. He said I was fine for setting up the new phone to the iCloud back up. So...
    09-17-2015 02:04 PM
    I haven't been on beta. He looked at my iCloud account and saw 3 back ups. The latest on the 15th. He said I was fine for setting up the new phone to the iCloud back up. So...
    I haven't been on beta either. He claims, although it sounds sketchy to me, that when I downloaded iOS 9 OTA through the iPhone, their servers must have screwed up and sent me a beta. I don't see how that's possible, but that's what he said.
    09-17-2015 02:12 PM
    I haven't been on beta either. He claims, although it sounds sketchy to me, that when I downloaded iOS 9 OTA through the iPhone, their servers must have screwed up and sent me a beta. I don't see how that's possible, but that's what he said.
    Odd. Maybe he's new. LOL I'll try to back up tonight late. If I get a back up, I'm good.
    09-17-2015 02:30 PM
    I have the same issue. I just tried a manual backup and got the message that it could not complete.
    09-17-2015 02:55 PM
    Can confirm. I'm facing this exact same issue.
    09-17-2015 06:24 PM
    Just keep trying to back up. Try late at night or real early like 5:00 am.
    09-17-2015 07:17 PM
    The same here guys.. i've downloaded the upgrade on Wednesday and installed it on my iPhone 6 and iPad mini 2 yesterday, through iTunes.
    After the installation, i've noticed that iTunes didn't synchronized the apps on both devices and also that the iCloud backup disappeared.

Later i'll try to restore again both devices and reinstall again ios9.

If you have other tips please share.

P.s. i hope to have wrote good in english eheheh
    09-18-2015 03:26 AM
    Exact same issue and I have plenty of space - sub'd to the new 50GB pricing

However, where is the option to manually back up to iCloud? This is nowhere in my settings anymore
    09-18-2015 03:38 AM
    Same thing here. Did a backup several hours before iOS 9 dropped and after the update my backup which is normally around 4gb for my iPhone 6 is zero bytes. My iPad mini retina is fine and has no problems. I'm now waiting for my iPhone 6 to manually backup hoping the problem is fixed. Really frustrating after all of the beta testing you would think this crap would be sorted.

My current backup has been set on 46 mins to go for 30 mins lmao.
    09-18-2015 03:41 AM
    I was having the same problem after upgrading an iPhone 6 and iPad mini 2 to iOS 9. Spent some time on the phone with AppleCare and after getting escalated to a supervisor she helped me get the problem resolved. What worked on both devices was doing a "Reset Network Settings". After that the issues cleared up

One word of caution. We both noticed on our respective devices that for some reason after the upgrade iCloud backup was trying to backup photo libraries. Both the supervisor and I noticed that our use iCloud Photo Library option was turned off after the upgrade.

She said she was going to open an internal ticket on this

I did have to reset network settings again after enabling iCloud Photo Library to get backups to play again
    09-18-2015 07:09 AM
    I was having the same problem after upgrading an iPhone 6 and iPad mini 2 to iOS 9. Spent some time on the phone with AppleCare and after getting escalated to a supervisor she helped me get the problem resolved. What worked on both devices was doing a "Reset Network Settings". After that the issues cleared up

One word of caution. We both noticed on our respective devices that for some reason after the upgrade iCloud backup was trying to backup photo libraries. Both the supervisor and I noticed that our use iCloud Photo Library option was turned off after the upgrade.

She said she was going to open an internal ticket on this

I did have to reset network settings again after enabling iCloud Photo Library to get backups to play again
    Thanks but for me it didn't change anything, unfortunately..

i forgot to tell one thing: on my iPad mini 2, the apps were installed messy and it didn't install all the apps that i had before the upgrade.
    09-18-2015 08:20 AM
99 123 ...