After upgrade to iOS9, iCloud backup says 0 bytes, and all apps have "no data"

GadgetGuru72

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello -

After upgrading this morning to iOS9, my iCloud backup now shows 0 bytes, a "next backup" size of 0 bytes, and all of my apps are shown as "no data."

Prior to this, on iOS 8.4.1, my backup was about 1.3GB, and nothing else has changed other than upgrading the iOS.

I have already tried rebooting, and logging out and back into iCloud. Nothing works.

Anybody else experience this and is there a fix?

Thank you in advance.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Hello -

After upgrading this morning to iOS9, my iCloud backup now shows 0 bytes, a "next backup" size of 0 bytes, and all of my apps are shown as "no data."

Prior to this, on iOS 8.4.1, my backup was about 1.3GB, and nothing else has changed other than upgrading the iOS.

I have already tried rebooting, and logging out and back into iCloud. Nothing works.

Thank you in advance.

Nothing to worry about. It'll reset when you back up again.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442452432.520248.jpg

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
How did you get the backup to actually work. I start the backup, and it gets to about 98% done, and then it says backup could not be completed.

Are you sure you have enough space to back up what is currently on your device? It won't complete if it doesn't have space. Try deleting or moving things first. Delete some apps you don't use or toggle some off in iCloud so they won't be included in the back up. It's not necessary to back up all apps. You can get them from your purchased list. Go to the very last page in iCloud on your device. Toggle apps off.

Jimmy Shipman

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I've got the same problem. It shows 0bytes on everything, but if I try to do a backup, it says "Not Enough Storage This iPad cannot be backed up becasue there is not enough iCloud storage available. You can manage your storage in settings" When I go there it shows EVERY single app as part of the backup, but I can't toggle them off. When I try it says "Cannot Turn off Backup Backups for <APPNAME> cannot be turned off at this time" and I get a Try Again or OK button.

Nothing I do will let me toggle anything off and I can't even delete the existing backup.

bginsberg

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Hello -

Thank you in advance.

Me too. Exact same issue happening. Nothing I do will allow me to do an iCloud backup.

GadgetGuru72

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure you have enough space to back up what is currently on your device? It won't complete if it doesn't have space. Try deleting or moving things first. Delete some apps you don't use or toggle some off in iCloud so they won't be included in the back up. It's not necessary to back up all apps. You can get them from your purchased list. Go to the very last page in iCloud on your device. Toggle apps off.

Yes, space is not an issue at all. My iPhone takes 1.3GB, and my iPad takes 750MB, so I usually hover around 2GB, and have the free 5GB.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Could be an issue on Apple's end... traffic?? Or a network issue between you and Apple having issues... I had trouble with a previous beta and iCloud backups - and kept trying until I got a manual backup to work. Things have been fine since.

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
same issue for me. I removed the backup file and triggered a new one and after that's it's fine. Did a reset of my phone and restored it with the new back up.

GadgetGuru72

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Apple says it's the servers bogged down. All is ok. Try doing a back up late at night.

I actually just got off the phone with Apple Care as well, and they claim that when I upgraded to iOS 9 yesterday OTA, it must have for some unknown reason downloaded one of the public betas, and that is what is causing the communication problem between my phone and iCloud.

They recommend the nuclear option of restoring as new and then recovering from a local backup. I hate doing that because with the volume of music I store on my device that process takes like 7 or 8 hours, but I guess I have no choice.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I actually just got off the phone with Apple Care as well, and they claim that when I upgraded to iOS 9 yesterday OTA, it must have for some unknown reason downloaded one of the public betas, and that is what is causing the communication problem between my phone and iCloud.

They recommend the nuclear option of restoring as new and then recovering from a local backup. I hate doing that because with the volume of music I store on my device that process takes like 7 or 8 hours, but I guess I have no choice.

I haven't been on beta. He looked at my iCloud account and saw 3 back ups. The latest on the 15th. He said I was fine for setting up the new phone to the iCloud back up. So...

GadgetGuru72

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I haven't been on beta. He looked at my iCloud account and saw 3 back ups. The latest on the 15th. He said I was fine for setting up the new phone to the iCloud back up. So...

I haven't been on beta either. He claims, although it sounds sketchy to me, that when I downloaded iOS 9 OTA through the iPhone, their servers must have screwed up and sent me a beta. I don't see how that's possible, but that's what he said.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I haven't been on beta either. He claims, although it sounds sketchy to me, that when I downloaded iOS 9 OTA through the iPhone, their servers must have screwed up and sent me a beta. I don't see how that's possible, but that's what he said.

Odd. Maybe he's new. LOL I'll try to back up tonight late. If I get a back up, I'm good.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR