Mine still does not. 0 bt backup I cannot delete, 4.7 GB of storage available out of 5 GB. Tried everything I could other than calling Apple (I suspect it won't be any use) - cannot backup to iCloud either manually or automatically since July 2015...
    10-14-2015 10:44 PM
    I had this problem on my mom's iPhone 6. I fixed it by first updating to 9.0.2, tried to manually back up, and it failed. Then I tried to delete the phone backup which didn't work and gave me an error that I could not delete this backup. I then manually backed up and it finally worked.
    10-17-2015 01:12 AM
    Hey guys, I had the exact same problem. And I just registered to let you know how I got it solved.
    First of all, what fischmanr said is correct. For some reason, after upgrading to iOS 9, photos are automatically set to On again, so if you don't have enough space make sure to turn them back off.

Here's what solved my problem:
    1- Go to Settings-->iCloud-->Storage-->Manage Storage-->Select your device that you are having problems backing up.
    2- Wait for the spinning wheel to finish (loading icon beside backup options). THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT (for some reason!).
    3- Scroll down and click "Show all apps" (it's stupid, but trust me this is the only way I could do it)
    4- Scroll all the way down, and click "Delete Backup" and then confirm deleting. If you got an error message saying that "the backup can't be deleted, try again later" that means you didn't wait enough. Let it finish loading.
    5- After Deleting the backup successfully, go back to the main iCloud settings page, and go to Backup. If iCloud Backup is still On, turn it off then On again. If it was off already, just turn it on.
    6- Go to the same page in step 1 again, and make sure that photos are off (if you want them off), otherwise just make sure that all the options are ok as you want them.
    7- Go back to the Backup page and click "Back up Now".

It took me about 5 hours to get it done, but it now works fine.

Note #1: If after step 7 you got the same error message that it wasn't completed, just press "Back up Now" again, it should continue and finish. I got it to work from the second trial.

Note #2: If the whole thing failed, just keep repeating and cross your fingers it will hopefully work! My friend had to do the whole thing 3 times...

Best of luck guys, and I hope I helped.
    This worked for me - sadly, only once!

I got what appeared to be a good backup. Then tried one more time. Got the dreaded "last backup could not complete" again. Tried again, same thing. So, not knowing what to do, deleted the backup. Started backup again, got "last backup could not complete". Uh, oh...

I'm relating my experience here in the hopes that it may help someone out.

As an experiment, I turned iCloud Backup off, then on again.
    I set ALL Apps OFF for Backup. Then I did an iCloud Backup. Hmn, that appeared to create a backup.

All of the Apps were showing "no data". I just set the first app, MPod in my case, to on for backup and did an iCloud Backup. That worked.
    Also, "no data" was starting to change to show data size for some of the apps.

I started, one by one, to set random but frequently-used apps to on for backup, then doing an iCloud Backup - one app at a time. That seemed to be working. When I set Pandora on for backup and tried the iCloud Backup, I got "last backup could not complete". Ah, ha!

I deleted the Pandora App and re-downloaded it. Set it on for iCloud Backup and it worked!

I next set about five random apps to on for the Backup. That worked too. Finally, I set all of them on and got a successful backup.

I'm not sure if this is coincidence, or if Pandora was somehow causing the backup to fail. But iCloud Backups are giving the appearance of working now.
    10-30-2015 04:09 PM
    It is work! Thank you so much Omar!
    11-19-2015 08:39 PM
    Have tried this at least 20 times & still doesn't work - anyone got any other ideas?
    11-22-2015 10:15 AM
    Was having this same issue. When I carefully followed your steps ESPECIALLY TO WAIT for the spinning wheel to complete, it worked flawlessly. THANK YOU!!!!
    11-23-2015 05:08 PM
    Hi Bob, thanks for your input about iCloud. I've tried what you did a number of times, and still doesn't work. I had Apple's senior managers and engineers for over a month trying to solve this issue, with no luck :-( ... They had my credentials, so they could login as myself anytime within this month, so I don't know what to do really.

I've backed up more-or-less all my stuff via my iMac to 4 external hard drives, and aome other clouds (Box, Dropbox, Google Drive).

I don't know if I will regret moving a few years ago from Windows to Apple, but it seems that most of the problems is with iCloud EVERY time they update their systems :-( ... Apart from that, I can only congratulate them on an excellent support and their will to help.

But, when even senior managers and engineers cannot solve problem like mine, I don't really know what to do?!

I will wait another couple of months, and there will be no solution, I will give up, and possibly shift to Android.
    12-04-2015 11:09 AM
    Waited 6 plus weeks for this 9.2 update in the hopes that it would fix my backup problem. Still doesn't work. Don't know anything to do but restore as new and re download all my apps and totally set the phone up again. Very disappointed. I have used iCloud backups since the day they came out. I do t even own a computer. Have never needed it for iTunes backups. Maybe I will use a friends computer and try to make an iTunes backup. Then reset my phone to factory settings and then restore from that iTunes backup. But I would probably just be restoring a backup that is corrupt. Either way this is a hassle I was really hoping to avoid. The info says it's supposed to "fix the issue where iCloud backups would not complete" but it didn't work for me
    12-08-2015 03:38 PM
    Waited 6 plus weeks for this 9.2 update in the hopes that it would fix my backup problem. Still doesn't work. Don't know anything to do but restore as new and re download all my apps and totally set the phone up again. Very disappointed. I have used iCloud backups since the day they came out. I do t even own a computer. Have never needed it for iTunes backups. Maybe I will use a friends computer and try to make an iTunes backup. Then reset my phone to factory settings and then restore from that iTunes backup. But I would probably just be restoring a backup that is corrupt. Either way this is a hassle I was really hoping to avoid. The info says it's supposed to "fix the issue where iCloud backups would not complete" but it didn't work for me
    Try this, it worked for me. Turn off iCloud Keychain & in the cloud settings & storage delete the previous backup. Wait for the little circle thing to stop spinning first. Idk why but this what all I did & it works now. After all that try the back up again. .
    12-08-2015 03:41 PM
    I have tried every fix listed for the last 6 weeks. My iCloud Keychain is off already. And I have deleted the previous backup. Thx for your suggestions.
    12-08-2015 03:44 PM
    Hey Andy. I was in the same situation as you, but after a lot of frustration, I finally got it to work. Here's what I did:
    1. Followed Omar's instructions to "Delete Backup". Problem was, after doing this, I was still getting the "cannot turn off backup icloud" error whenever I tried to turn off the backup of my Photo Library (or anything else for that matter)
    2. Went to Settings --> iCloud --> Backup (a bit hard to find, you have to scroll down and it's right below "Wallet") --> turned off (dialog box that comes up is the wrong one; gotta be a bug from Apple)
    3. Once you do this and you go back to "Manage Storage" your phone should no longer show up at all. Then I went back to the previous "Backup" page and turned it back on (again, the dialog box that pops up is the wrong one)
    4. After doing that, I was able to go to "Manage Storage" --> Select my phone --> and then turn off "Photo Library" under "Backup Options" without getting the error that was popping up before before
    5. After doing all this, it finally listed an accurate Backup Size for me (3.0 GB), and I went back to "Backup" page from step 2 and did a manual backup by selecting "Back Up Now"

I think the key to the whole thing was Step 2. Hope that helps. Best of luck
    Patrick McAfee likes this.
    01-08-2016 10:00 AM
    Thank you for the suggestion. I have toggled that switch off many times. And I have been able to turn off photo library and all other app data backups. Even when I have every single app turned off the backup still fails. Looks like I have no choice but to setup as new.
    01-10-2016 12:37 PM
    Apple really has to get this crap fixed. It has nothing to do with the size of the back up or lack of space on iCloud, Apple just screwed up iCloud back up on iOS 9. Ive been following this thread since iOS 9 came out and have been having back up issues on and off all throughout iOS 9. Why the hell am i paying for a service that doesn't work?!?
    01-23-2016 01:47 PM
    ...Why the hell am i paying for a service that doesn't work?!?
    Hmmm....
    01-23-2016 01:56 PM
    Thanks a million, Omar. This is the only thing I could find that worked.
    02-24-2016 03:32 PM
    no i didn't get that issue. it's seems to be fine for me
    02-27-2016 11:17 AM
    Tried it all. Including the password change. Still won't work. 20 weeks since last iCloud backup.
    03-08-2016 10:48 PM
    Installed 9.3..... Surprise, I still cannot complete an iCloud backup. Says in the release notes it's supposed to be fixed. For me it still is not
    03-21-2016 06:00 PM
    Installed 9.3..... Surprise, I still cannot complete an iCloud backup. Says in the release notes it's supposed to be fixed. For me it still is not
    Do a clean factory reset. If it still does not work after that then take it to the Genius Bar at the Apple store and have them see if they can help you.
    03-21-2016 07:15 PM
    First time I tried after installing 9.3 it failed. But just now I was able to complete my first iCloud backup in 22 weeks. They finally fixed it!
    Sherry_B and robertk328 like this.
    03-22-2016 08:22 AM
    iCloud backup is fine with me on iOS 9.3
    03-23-2016 12:54 AM
    My iCloud Backup on iOS 9.3 is leaking for lack of better word. The backup size does not add up (it should be under 1GB, but it's using 2.8GB) and subsequent nightly backup is backing up additional 1GB or more each time.
    03-23-2016 01:53 PM
    First time I tried after installing 9.3 it failed. But just now I was able to complete my first iCloud backup in 22 weeks. They finally fixed it!
    Great!
    03-23-2016 02:12 PM
    Nutmac- same thing is happening to me. It grows almost one gb each night. Right now it's at 5.6 gb when the " next backup" size shows less than 1gb. I'm contemplating deleting the backup and creating a new one. I have battled these backup problems since iOS 9 came out and it's only been since 9.3 came out that I could backup at all. I'm nervous to delete the backup because that didn't go well when I tried that as a possible solution to my previous problem. Have you been able to fix yours?
    03-29-2016 07:39 AM
99 ... 234