Just keep trying to back up. Try late at night or real early in the morning. I just backed up with iCloud. I had the same issue yesterday. It's the servers. Nothing is wrong. Your last back up is safe.
    After upgrade to iOS9, iCloud backup says 0 bytes, and all apps have "no data"-imageuploadedbytapatalk1442582694.637573.jpg

After upgrade to iOS9, iCloud backup says 0 bytes, and all apps have "no data"-imageuploadedbytapatalk1442582709.506899.jpg
    NoleScream likes this.
    09-18-2015 09:25 AM
    Little update:

on iPad mini 2 i've solved the "apps problem" downloading ios9 from another site, doing another restore and then reinstalling ios9: the sync was successful.

The problem who remains is iCloud, it doesn't see any past backup and it doesn't complete a new one.I think there are some server issues(i hope!)
    09-18-2015 03:47 PM
    Mine finally went through last night. I'm in good shape now! Thanks for the advice!
    09-18-2015 04:09 PM
    I had the same issue
    i upgrade to IOS9 and all of my notes are disparaged. I tried to access from pc In chrome browser and also the notes are missing. and i was so worried about them. so contact in apple-care they called me right-away we talk 6-7 times in 2 days and after all these conversation i got noting. so i asked them to cancel the case so i can handle it from my Side.
    and i must let you know..
    in the same day.. i restore my Iphone 5s from the pc backup - 7 times, but i could not get those notes back... after that..
    by God Helps i got an idea to downgrade... the os... from 9 to 8.4.1 as it was...

and So i did it.. guess what? i got everything back as they was before... (Alhamdulillah / Praise be to Allah)

I hope this will help you... if you do the things correctly..

Hare is what you have to do...

1. download the latest firmware you was backed-up on your pc...
    i was IOS 8.4.1... so i download the firmware from net. there is 2 kind of firmware for each phone.. so be careful to find yours... mine was
    GSM+CDMA--

2. put your phone in recovery mode..

3. connect to iTunes and pc/shift+restore... mac/alt+restore ... and select your firmware... and restore..

4. while you are in 8.4.1... Restore from your backup..

5. while its finis... you are done... you have everything....

if you need any helps plz contact me.. on Sharifgd on facebook
    Thanks

...Sorry for my poor English...
    09-18-2015 04:24 PM
    Mine finally went through last night. I'm in good shape now! Thanks for the advice!
    Just keep trying to back up. Try late at night or real early in the morning. I just backed up with iCloud. I had the same issue yesterday. It's the servers. Nothing is wrong. Your last back up is safe.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442582694.637573.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	119.2 KB 
ID:	91816

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442582709.506899.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	77.2 KB 
ID:	91817
    For those of you claiming that their iCloud backups eventually worked, go back and take a closer look and make sure everything seems legit.

My iCloud backup appeared to work last night as well. It says that it completed at 1:23am. However, it says the backup is only 836MB, and it should definitely be larger than that. And, for the individual apps, the data listed is definitely wrong. For example, I only have 3 photos in my Camera Roll, but it says it's taking up 120MB. And, I have a ton of files in GoodReader (probably at least 300MB worth), but it says GoodReader is only taking up 26MB.

So, even though it appears at first glance that the iCloud backup did eventually work, I do not think it worked correctly. At least in my case, that is.
    09-18-2015 05:44 PM
    For those of you claiming that their iCloud backups eventually worked, go back and take a closer look and make sure everything seems legit.

My iCloud backup appeared to work last night as well. It says that it completed at 1:23am. However, it says the backup is only 836MB, and it should definitely be larger than that. And, for the individual apps, the data listed is definitely wrong. For example, I only have 3 photos in my Camera Roll, but it says it's taking up 120MB. And, I have a ton of files in GoodReader (probably at least 300MB worth), but it says GoodReader is only taking up 26MB.

So, even though it appears at first glance that the iCloud backup did eventually work, I do not think it worked correctly. At least in my case, that is.
    That's what I thought too. I spoke with Apple Support yesterday. He looked at my iCloud account and said I had 3 back ups. He said not to worry, that all was well. We'll see.
    Last edited by Ledsteplin; 09-18-2015 at 07:09 PM.
    09-18-2015 05:52 PM
    Same issue I think it has to do with the iCloud strange updates. I rebooted and then backed up all good now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    09-18-2015 06:08 PM
    I have the same problem as well (as does my wife and daughter). All of our iOS devices now show the backup as 0kb.

I can't delete the old backup either. I get an error message stating "Cannot Delete Backup. This backup cannot be deleted at this time."

The backup is still there (as indicated by the amount of iCloud space being used), but backups will not work. If you try to manually backup, it gets about 90% finished and then either hangs indefinitely or stops with the error message "The last backup could not be completed"

Tried a number of fixes including reboot, reset network settings but still no luck.

Trying a restore now to see if that works.

UPDATE: The restore did not work. I'm out of ideas of what to try
    Last edited by AndrewChang; 09-19-2015 at 06:12 AM.
    09-19-2015 03:49 AM
    STILL having this problem...
    09-19-2015 10:50 AM
    Hey guys, I had the exact same problem. And I just registered to let you know how I got it solved.
    First of all, what fischmanr said is correct. For some reason, after upgrading to iOS 9, photos are automatically set to On again, so if you don't have enough space make sure to turn them back off.

Here's what solved my problem:
    1- Go to Settings-->iCloud-->Storage-->Manage Storage-->Select your device that you are having problems backing up.
    2- Wait for the spinning wheel to finish (loading icon beside backup options). THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT (for some reason!).
    3- Scroll down and click "Show all apps" (it's stupid, but trust me this is the only way I could do it)
    4- Scroll all the way down, and click "Delete Backup" and then confirm deleting. If you got an error message saying that "the backup can't be deleted, try again later" that means you didn't wait enough. Let it finish loading.
    5- After Deleting the backup successfully, go back to the main iCloud settings page, and go to Backup. If iCloud Backup is still On, turn it off then On again. If it was off already, just turn it on.
    6- Go to the same page in step 1 again, and make sure that photos are off (if you want them off), otherwise just make sure that all the options are ok as you want them.
    7- Go back to the Backup page and click "Back up Now".

It took me about 5 hours to get it done, but it now works fine.

Note #1: If after step 7 you got the same error message that it wasn't completed, just press "Back up Now" again, it should continue and finish. I got it to work from the second trial.

Note #2: If the whole thing failed, just keep repeating and cross your fingers it will hopefully work! My friend had to do the whole thing 3 times...

Best of luck guys, and I hope I helped.
    09-19-2015 11:09 AM
    Hi Omar, Thanks for your post. I too have the same problem .. It's clearly a generic iOS 9.0 problem ... I cannot believe it's busy server related as some people posted . It's failed for me at all times of the day!

I noted that all the APPs have turned green in iCloud Storage, so it tries to backup everything ... I turned most off, one by one, and tried the Backup again ... It failed, but much quicker !

Regarding your solution, isn't the Delete Backup step a gamble? I'm not super technical, but isn't that deleting the good backup from pre iOS 9, stored on iCloud? So if a workaround doesn't work, there's no backup left on iCloud?

I don't have too much confidence in what's being backed up when it still shows file sizes of zero ..

I'm thinking either just to wait for the next bug fix release of iOS9, or go back to 8.4.1
    09-19-2015 12:13 PM
    Yes, that's correct. Everything is turning back to On by default which is weird. And no it's not just busy servers, I tried all the possible times during these 3 days.

Regarding your concern, after moving to iOS 9 I noticed that the iCloud backup is being replaced anyways. That means that the backup is turning on all the apps and options in iCloud and tries to back everything up from scratch, so it's overwriting rather than updating. The thing is, when it's failing, I noticed that you won't have a backup anymore. As you said, we are seeing the device having 0 bytes backup size, and I saw that I gained back the space that was taken by my backup. I even checked my iCloud storage on my iPad and MacBook, and they both did't show that a backup for my iPhone is kept in the servers.
    So I think there's nothing to lose.

And you can always go back old school and backup using iTunes!
    09-19-2015 01:23 PM
    I have the same problem as well (as does my wife and daughter). All of our iOS devices now show the backup as 0kb.

I can't delete the old backup either. I get an error message stating "Cannot Delete Backup. This backup cannot be deleted at this time."

The backup is still there (as indicated by the amount of iCloud space being used), but backups will not work. If you try to manually backup, it gets about 90% finished and then either hangs indefinitely or stops with the error message "The last backup could not be completed"

Tried a number of fixes including reboot, reset network settings but still no luck.

Trying a restore now to see if that works.

UPDATE: The restore did not work. I'm out of ideas of what to try
    Why would you want to delete your back up?

I had this problem 2 days ago. Apple told me it's the servers. Not to worry. He looked at my iCloud account and said I had 3 back ups. I later tried to back up again and it finally did.
    So I show a back up now of over 500 mb. But 0 bytes for next back up. Not worried. Just keep trying to do what you need to do. Maybe try late at night.
    After upgrade to iOS9, iCloud backup says 0 bytes, and all apps have "no data"-imageuploadedbytapatalk1442685427.050488.jpg
    09-19-2015 01:57 PM
    Via Settings / Storage & Cloud Usage / .. in the iClou section, I went to Manage Storage, and I see the last successful backup from 8.4.1

Seems Backup on 9.0 just doesn't work, and any workaround is likely to give unpredictable results. If I'd get it to backup, I have no confidence what it will backup, when it's telling me all the Apps are 0kb as per previous postings and screenshots.

It's something Apple must be aware of needs fixing as a top priority for their next version
    09-19-2015 02:08 PM
    If it's the servers. Then why are my 4 other devices running iOS 8 and connected to the same network can backup seamlessly?
    I love Apple support, but in weird problems like this they are useless, they just don't understand the issue.
    I'm not claiming that I do, but at least I found a work around that solved it for me and all people I know.
    09-19-2015 02:11 PM
    Yp .. it's too easy for support staff to say "it's the servers" ... No way.

Pleased you seem to have fixed the problem. Have you got 100% confidence the backup is what you expect?

If you go to Settings / Storage & Cloud Usage / .. in the iCloud section, go to Manage Storage, ... and you can see the file sizes of everything backed up. Do those file sizes 100% make sense to you?
    09-19-2015 02:16 PM
    Via Settings / Storage & Cloud Usage / .. in the iClou section, I went to Manage Storage, and I see the last successful backup from 8.4.1

Seems Backup on 9.0 just doesn't work, and any workaround is likely to give unpredictable results. If I'd get it to backup, I have no confidence what it will backup, when it's telling me all the Apps are 0kb as per previous postings and screenshots.

It's something Apple must be aware of needs fixing as a top priority for their next version
    Doesn't your 8.4.1 backup take 0 bytes too? It was for me at least.

Actually, when you get backup to work in 9.0 it's totally normal afterwards, and it DOES show the apps. And I can see the content from my other devices as well. Plus, it's taking space on my iCould.
    After upgrade to iOS9, iCloud backup says 0 bytes, and all apps have "no data"-img_4152.png
    09-19-2015 02:23 PM
    Yp .. it's too easy for support staff to say "it's the servers" ... No way.

Pleased you seem to have fixed the problem. Have you got 100% confidence the backup is what you expect?

If you go to Settings / Storage & Cloud Usage / .. in the iCloud section, go to Manage Storage, ... and you can see the file sizes of everything backed up. Do those file sizes 100% make sense to you?
    Yes, the sizes are showing, and yes they make sense. However, I can't be 100% confidence, this is just what I see. I didn't try to restore from the backup.

I posted a screenshot but it needs a moderator's approval. And I tried to include a link but it also didn't allow me because I'm a new member. You'll see it when it get approved! I'm not sure how long will that take
    Last edited by Omar Hreirati; 09-19-2015 at 03:05 PM.
    StuartBB likes this.
    09-19-2015 02:36 PM
    My iPhone finally backed up last night, and is no longer showing "no data" for the apps, BUT I have absolutely zero confidence that it worked properly because the data shown is way off. I have 4 photos in my camera roll, and yet it shows that my photo app has 102MB. Not possible. It shows my GoodReader has 32MB, but I have close to 200MB of data in that app.

I have no idea what it thinks it backed up, but I highly doubt it's an accurate and complete backup.
    StuartBB likes this.
    09-19-2015 02:46 PM
    Hi Omar,

I tried your fix and it worked for me. As mentioned in my post, my wife, daughter and I were all experiencing the iCloud backup problem.

I followed your instructions and it successfully fixed my problem on 6 separate devices. All devices are back to normal and backing up properly.

Looking back at what has happened, I think it may be related to the fact that once you update to iOS9, all applications are have their backup turned on by default. This was causing issues as there was more data to back up than available space.

Once again thanks for your assistance and for taking the time to register and post your findings. It's greatly appreciated.
    09-19-2015 07:00 PM
    Hey guys, I had the exact same problem. And I just registered to let you know how I got it solved.
    First of all, what fischmanr said is correct. For some reason, after upgrading to iOS 9, photos are automatically set to On again, so if you don't have enough space make sure to turn them back off.

Here's what solved my problem:
    1- Go to Settings-->iCloud-->Storage-->Manage Storage-->Select your device that you are having problems backing up.
    2- Wait for the spinning wheel to finish (loading icon beside backup options). THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT (for some reason!).
    3- Scroll down and click "Show all apps" (it's stupid, but trust me this is the only way I could do it)
    4- Scroll all the way down, and click "Delete Backup" and then confirm deleting. If you got an error message saying that "the backup can't be deleted, try again later" that means you didn't wait enough. Let it finish loading.
    5- After Deleting the backup successfully, go back to the main iCloud settings page, and go to Backup. If iCloud Backup is still On, turn it off then On again. If it was off already, just turn it on.
    6- Go to the same page in step 1 again, and make sure that photos are off (if you want them off), otherwise just make sure that all the options are ok as you want them.
    7- Go back to the Backup page and click "Back up Now".

It took me about 5 hours to get it done, but it now works fine.

Note #1: If after step 7 you got the same error message that it wasn't completed, just press "Back up Now" again, it should continue and finish. I got it to work from the second trial.

Note #2: If the whole thing failed, just keep repeating and cross your fingers it will hopefully work! My friend had to do the whole thing 3 times...

Best of luck guys, and I hope I helped.
    Worked perfectly. Normal backup 4gb restored. Thanks!!!
    09-19-2015 07:24 PM
    Why would you want to delete your back up?

I had this problem 2 days ago. Apple told me it's the servers. Not to worry. He looked at my iCloud account and said I had 3 back ups. I later tried to back up again and it finally did.
    So I show a back up now of over 500 mb. But 0 bytes for next back up. Not worried. Just keep trying to do what you need to do. Maybe try late at night.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442685427.050488.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	150.3 KB 
ID:	91962
    I only tried to delete the backup as my backups were not working properly (i.e. iPhone, iPads would not back up to the Cloud - I would always get a backup could not complete/mail message). I could see that backups were in iCloud, but they were not being correctly associated with any of my iDevices.

My thought process was to delete the old backup and start again with a new fresh backup. I was not worried about losing my iCloud backup (other than the time it took to perform) as I also regularly backup to my Mac as well.

In any event, I followed Omar's suggestion and everything is back to normal and working fine.
    09-19-2015 07:30 PM
    Glad to hear it worked for you guys
    Thank you for reporting back!
    09-20-2015 05:33 AM
    Yesterday, I have done the same as Omar and eventually succeeded to make manual icloud backup on 3 of my 4 devices.
    But 24 hours later I note that automatic backup is still down. Then I try again to trigger manual icloud backup but only succeed with 1 of the 3 devices which I have backuped the day before!
    I think that the issue is both with iOS 9 and with the server. For now, I reverse back to the old fashioned iTunes backup while waiting for Apple to fix the issue.
    09-20-2015 07:20 AM
    IT all sounds far too unreliable and/or inconsistent .... I'm going to stick with 9.0 for now, assume a fix will be quite soon, not risk deleting what I know is a good backup from 8.4.1 of a few days ago, and stop losing hours on it .. !

See you at 9.01 or whatever !
    09-20-2015 07:36 AM
99 1234