iOS 9 is slow...

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
I don't know what's up with this thing but almost everywhere I go in iOS 9 on my iPhone 6 Plus there's sluggishness and hesitation. In the Fast Task Switcher, which I prefer the iOS 8 way better, it seems the most visible.

Never had this issue going from one iOS 8.x version to another. Almost makes me want to go back to iOS 8.4.1 and let Apple come out with iOS 9.0.1 to fix bugs.

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Did that twice already. Still seems sluggish according to iOS 8.4.1. 8.4.1 ran like butter. 9.0? Not so much.

Jesus Pantaleon

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
I thought I was the only one! But yeah it is a bit slow especially in the task manager animations and switching. I have the same phone too, iPhone 6 Plus.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Might need a restore as new. I always end up doing that after a major iOS update. Haven't had a chance to judge battery life yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what's up with this thing but almost everywhere I go in iOS 9 on my iPhone 6 Plus there's sluggishness and hesitation. In the Fast Task Switcher, which I prefer the iOS 8 way better, it seems the most visible.

Never had this issue going from one iOS 8.x version to another. Almost makes me want to go back to iOS 8.4.1 and let Apple come out with iOS 9.0.1 to fix bugs.

Part of installing an iOS update is that the system has to do some tasks like indexing that takes system resources and makes the devices run a little slow... and this process can also hit the battery... and then there's the "exploration" factor - new iOS, new features, and we tend to want to find/see/test them all.

It will get better within a day or so.

Rene Ritchie (@reneritchie)
9/16/15, 11:40 AM

Reminder: When you install iOS 9, a lot will update, migrate, and index. Battery and performance will take a temporary hit. Give it a day.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
It's due to the lack of ram. My Air 2 with twice the ram is much snappier than my 6+.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully the 6S+ has more ram or this is going to be a major fail. Smh.

Yea my 6+ is jerky as hell. I have some cash to burn so I might trade it in for a Note 5 this weekend. Don't want more hardware limited user experiences. I prefer not having to worry or care about these things.

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Android? Please... Don't make me laugh. Trust me, you don't want to go to that garbage heap of software known as Android, it's a piece of crap covered in crap.

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
If anything, get the iPhone 6s if you really want to trade in your phone. Just don't get an Android. I will never use an Android ever again. After the four Android devices that I used that all had much worse issues than iOS 9 has, I told myself "never again".

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR