iOS 9 is slow...

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I did the update this morning and holy crap is it laggy. Like...ridiculous. I almost locked myself out of the phone because it also wouldn't acknowledge the passcode input properly. If I was typing a 5 for example, it was so off it thought I was typing in a 0. It was a hot mess. If it was acknowledging the right keypress location, it was so far behind that it was not getting them on time. I abandoned it for about a half hour, and came back and tried it again, and got within 1 try of locking myself out. It just was so bonkers with the keypresses. I finally got in and then couldn't move around without waiting almost 30 seconds for the action to occur. I eventually let it sit for an hour and when I came back it had lost 25% of the battery charge. I restarted it, and so far I've lost another 10%. I have no idea what it's doing, and the battery "stats" as to what is running are still "unavailable." I suspect I will be doing another full restore (I did a restore as new.)

I do mine on my own Mac. But man we are only 1 for 3 in this family so far.

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I spoke to soon. This morning Touch ID forced me to use my password. Then it repeatedly told me my password was wrong. I plugged into iTunes to restore but couldn't cause iTunes said phone was locked. Then had to get in recovery mode. Total debacle. Apps are mess. Have no idea what's going on.

BIGEXXPOPN

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I spoke to soon. This morning Touch ID forced me to use my password. Then it repeatedly told me my password was wrong. I plugged into iTunes to restore but couldn't cause iTunes said phone was locked. Then had to get in recovery mode. Total debacle. Apps are mess. Have no idea what's going on.
I dealt with a similar issue. I coulda sworn i never set a restrictions password, however now one is set. I always use one of 3 same passwords and by now ive tried about 15 different ones including the default ones like 0000,1111,1234 and nothing. I tried restoring as new but not only does it ask me to enter my apple id to confirm the restore, but also for the restrictions code!!!! So now im stuck! What the hell!!!???

speedy535

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
My iphone 6 is a 20% slower on IOS9 then on IOS8 , I don't know what's going on and how can this happen..

Please fix this with your next update as soon as possible. Thanks

eckl

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Upgraded my iPhone 6 and iPad mini 2 yesterday. Both are running great. It is probably the smoothest upgrade ever.

However, I restored my iPhone as new. It is a ritual for me to prepare for a big update. I need the iPhone as my daily communication tool.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
iOS 9 seem to stutter much more than 8. I've update my iPhone 6, first by just applying the update and then by using the Mac to completely restore the phone but the results are the same, noticeably more stutter through apps. Very annoying. Sometimes skipping touch inputs. Now a day into the update but nothing has changed. Waiting for iOS 9.1 but not a great situation when using a 840? iPhone can feel like a 70? smartphone.

DaMaRa1109

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone found or heard anything about this being acknowledged? I hold no alliance to brand or phone. If this is fixed soon I'm moving on lol. My 6+ has been awful.

salmanhkhan

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
I did a normal OTA update. N i am never been so happy. With the new apple low battery switch my iPhone 6 battery life is indeed improved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
2nd full day and I am still running smooth on iPhone 6 and Mini 3. My only frustration is some of the absolutely silly places they have hidden away some of the settings. It took me a good 10 minutes to get rid of "News" on the siri suggestions page.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
2nd full day and I am still running smooth on iPhone 6 and Mini 3. My only frustration is some of the absolutely silly places they have hidden away some of the settings. It took me a good 10 minutes to get rid of "News" on the siri suggestions page.

DO SHARE. I have turned off News everywhere I thought you could and it STILL will not go away.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
DO SHARE. I have turned off News everywhere I thought you could and it STILL will not go away.

Settings -> general -> restrictions -> toggle news off.
You may have to create a passcode for restrictions, make sure it's something you will remember

Sent from my 6th gen iPod touch using Tapatalk

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site

The above post isn't accurate. That just removes it from searching news in Spotlight.

Settings~General~spot light search~turn off "spotlight suggestions"

Hence the confusion.
iMoreAppImg_20150918_195907.jpg

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Settings -> general -> restrictions -> toggle news off.
You may have to create a passcode for restrictions, make sure it's something you will remember

Sent from my 6th gen iPod touch using Tapatalk

The above post isn't accurate. That just removes it from searching news in Spotlight.

Settings~General~spot light search~turn off "spotlight suggestions"

Hence the confusion.
View attachment 91891
Neither is just eliminating the news portion from that spotlight area. I don't mind the other suggestions. I just want "news" dead forever and off my phone. Period.

Ooltewah_Vol

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
The update has really slowed down my 6 plus. It is running great on my IPad Air 2 and 6. It appears that most people having issues are with the 6 plus. My next step is to put the phone in DFU and restore as new.

Trigati

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
If that were true then I would have 5.1 on Lollipop. Instead, the OS is tossed out and the OEMs grab it and toss it at whatever pace they desire to the carriers so they can figure out what millennium would be best to release to customers.

Carriers are usually the bigger instigators when it comes to updates taking forever, not OEMs. My Note 4 has been on 5.1.1 for a while now. That's the one thing Apple does phenomenally right. They don't let the carriers muck with the OS so when it gets released, EVERYBODY can get it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR