iOS 9 is slow...

WildCatStud333

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Yea my 6+ is jerky as hell. I have some cash to burn so I might trade it in for a Note 5 this weekend. Don't want more hardware limited user experiences. I prefer not having to worry or care about these things.

I don't think I could switch to android. It's not that bad. Take it easy. LOL

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
My 6 Plus is really running great. My iPod Touch 6 Gen is smooth with iOS 9.
Even if I wanted to flip to Android because of iOS 9. I ain't got that kind of time to flip between platforms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
I am happy to report that a lot of the sluggishness is gone, not all of it through. Just scrolling from screen to screen on the home page is a lot faster now than it was a couple of hours ago. The fast task switcher isn't as smooth as I would like it to be though. When you tap the screen and slowly move your finger back and forth over the screen and watch the app tabs move back and forth you can see that there is some graphics stuttering.

Oh well... at least most of the sluggishness is gone though.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I had no issues with speed or battery life.

Mee either. My 6 Plus is running like a dream with iOS9. I did not touch my iPhone until the update was complete, then I updated all of my apps and did two "HARD RESETS".

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I don't think I could switch to android. It's not that bad. Take it easy. LOL

Android isn't that bad either. I came from it. I wasn't really that discontent. Mainly I just want a phone that can get f attires back ported so that I can keep it for 2-3 years and not feel a need to upgrade early. IPhone was a bad choice for that, in hindsight. I don't want hardware limited user experiences. It's unacceptable given the hardware available to us.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
At least Apple supports their devices.

Whereas on Android... Software updates? You want software updates? Silly user, Trix are for... oops, sorry, wrong phrase. Let's try that again, shall we. Silly user, BUY A NEW PHONE INSTEAD!

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Android isn't that bad either. I came from it. I wasn't really that discontent. Mainly I just want a phone that can get f attires back ported so that I can keep it for 2-3 years and not feel a need to upgrade early. IPhone was a bad choice for that, in hindsight. I don't want hardware limited user experiences. It's unacceptable given the hardware available to us.

Here's the thing. Most of the folks I know that keep a phone for 2-3 years or more are not interested in the hardware.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Speed is insanely fast. Battery is bad because I haven't stopped playing with it.
It's going to settle down as soon as I stop torturing it.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6 while I wait for my NEW AWESOME GORGEOUS SEXY 128GB iPhone 6s Plus in Rose Gold

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Here's the thing. Most of the folks I know that keep a phone for 2-3 years or more are not interested in the hardware.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I don't care what other people are interested in. I'm interested in the hardware because I'm tired of spending $800+ year on phone upgrades and I want a phone that has the hardware and capabilities I need, and one that I know will get proper backports when new ones are added and the hardware is capable.

The lack of OIS for video is an issue for what I use my phone for. Moving forwards, I'm not going to invest further in a device line that purposely holds back useful features to drive upgrades. Great for business, and they're free to do that. But it's disingenuous to the buyer. Couple that with virtually every Android flagship doing 240FPS and how Video Analysis apps on iOS (and Android) are being crippled with IAP and Subscriptions I've moved most of that back to my PC, anyways. I just need a phone that I won't have to worry about having half-implemented features and not ticking in the boxes with major updates.

Battery Life my 6+ is the same as always. Performance is sketchy. There really isn't much new stuff to play with so I didn't waste much time "exploring." My Phone updated on the charger 100% and has been off the charger since. If the battery life was affected, I'd have noticed it in the past 8 or 9 hours.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I don't care what other people are interested in. I'm interested in the hardware because I'm tired of spending $800+ year on phone upgrades and I want a phone that has the hardware and capabilities I need, and one that I know will get proper backports when new ones are added and the hardware is capable.

The lack of OIS for video is an issue for what I use my phone for. Moving forwards, I'm not going to invest further in a device line that purposely holds back useful features to drive upgrades. Great for business, and they're free to do that. But it's disingenuous to the buyer. Couple that with virtually every Android flagship doing 240FPS and how Video Analysis apps on iOS (and Android) are being crippled with IAP and Subscriptions I've moved most of that back to my PC, anyways. I just need a phone that I won't have to worry about having half-implemented features and not ticking in the boxes with major updates.

Battery Life my 6+ is the same as always. Performance is sketchy. There really isn't much new stuff to play with so I didn't waste much time "exploring." My Phone updated on the charger 100% and has been off the charger since. If the battery life was affected, I'd have noticed it in the past 8 or 9 hours.

Well you can only buy what's out there. iPhone, Whatever Android phone.
My point is the hardware is changing every year not 2-3 years. That's the game.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm reading thru this thread and I'm trying to figure out what I did right .....My Verizon iPhone 128gb Space Gray 6 Plus (1gb of RAM) is as smooth as BUTTA, (Not Butter), and VERY FAST. I just did what I always do for updates (see my previous post in this thread)....nothing different.

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Updated about two hours ago. Smooth OTA with no issues. My iPhone 6 with 64GB is super snappy now and battery is definitely better for thus far. However, I'm a light user that has another device for work so that does my heavy lifting. I will say the font on the keyboard is obnoxious when in lower case. I know it's a subtle change but it's hurting these eyes, lol

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Well you can only buy what's out there. iPhone, Whatever Android phone.
My point is the hardware is changing every year not 2-3 years. That's the game.

My Note 3 had 3GB RAM. I am not going to waste your time detailing the features back ported from the 4 to the three. There were many. Lag due to low RAM is not something I had to worry about.

I had my reasons for going iOS, and they were quite valid. But I am done buying hardware with virtually no headroom. That was my point.

I am aware that hardware improves every year. I don't want a faster processor. But the ability to use the hardware I have to its fullest potential (OIS) and getting a surplus on a component that can easily bottleneck performance if underserved (RAM) is worth it, IMO.

Basically, I want headroom. The fact that the S series has 2 GB RAM (supposedly) is a bit of a clue, but I'm not going to upgrade only for the next one to have 3 and the software be designed with them being a priority causing further performance degradation.

Every Samsung update I got on my phones increased performance, so this is new to me. The headroom in their specs was a large contributed from that. iOS has outgrown the point where it can just be thrown on middling hardware and expected to fly, IMO, and some of the feature hold backs are just baffling.

I want to keep a flagship for 2-3 years and not feel the need to upgrade for a capability the one I have should be able to do, but only doesn't because the company wants to sell an extra phone. It has nothing to do with hardware pace of advancement. All Android flagships are over specced well beyond what apple would be willing to do in an iPhone.

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
This update is garbage, I'm trying to figure out how to go back to iOS 8. This has ruined the phone imo.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus  using Tapatalk

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm my experience for the past few years with all the smartphones that I have owned, after any major OS update, a fresh restore to factory state almost always works wonders since its well known that updates can in some cases leave some bits and pieces behind that can cause minor issues,

YMMV, but I have found it to help IMO.

SmartFah

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I am happy to report that a lot of the sluggishness is gone, not all of it through. Just scrolling from screen to screen on the home page is a lot faster now than it was a couple of hours ago. The fast task switcher isn't as smooth as I would like it to be though. When you tap the screen and slowly move your finger back and forth over the screen and watch the app tabs move back and forth you can see that there is some graphics stuttering.

Oh well... at least most of the sluggishness is gone though.

I have similar reports. It's not slow as if it's bogged down or anything. It seems like there is more lag than there was in iOS 8.
It's very apparent in the task switcher and scrolling through long lists (like my never ending email inbox).

I'm using a 6+. I can say that I've started to adjusting to it somewhat, but it's still there. For me, iOS 8's touch responsiveness definitely seemed faster.

One of my friends has a 6, and he hasn't experienced it. I'm wondering if it's something that just 6+ users are experiencing.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen