iOS9 available

Status
Not open for further replies.

llfloyd79

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Re: iOS9 General Public Release available

Came home......around 4pm. Plugged iPhone into laptop...started iTunes and updated phone with a clean install and set phone as new. Didn't take no time at all. Maybe 20 minutes, if that. iOS 9 seems ok so far. Feels a little jittery in the beginning but after a few minutes it settles in and runs smooth for the most part. Not quiet as smooth as 8.4.1 but I'm sure a few updates in the near future can fix that easily. Nothing to worry or complain about in my opinion. Anyway...so far so good!

jnew619

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site

9.1 beta or the final version of ios 9? I'm on 9.1 and was wondering if I should get the new release

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

The Notes App is cool. The drawing tools are very good.
I was experiencing some jerkiness after the update but I did a reset and it seems cool now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

9.1 beta or the final version of ios 9? I'm on 9.1 and was wondering if I should get the new release
If the 9.1 beta is working fine, you're happy with it - there is no reason to downgrade to 9.0

baz1536

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site

You would have to downgrade and re set up all your device ... You can't restore a 9.1 backup into a 9.0 OS.

baz1536

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site

If the OTA is incremental I assume I need to first update to 8.4.1 before General/Settings/Software Update will allow to show me IOS9.

OTA is a delta update from whatever you are currently on to the latest version. You will not get the option to upgrade to 8.4.1. If you were on 7.0.1 you would still only get the option for 9.0.

baz1536

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site

One change noticed between GM and full release is that for here in the UK the News App is not there.

It was there in the GM and is there in 9.1beta 1 but not on the public release.

anon(9132077)

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site

I think it's great Apple added 'Transit' to Maps- but to advertise it until you have more than like 5 major cities in the United States. Salt Lake City has one of the best rated transit systems in the nation and it isn't available on Maps yet.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

Already getting bugs.
cfbb72791d0b1c9a954c2ff72ef8762e.jpg

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

I think it's great Apple added 'Transit' to Maps- but to advertise it until you have more than like 5 major cities in the United States. Salt Lake City has one of the best rated transit systems in the nation and it isn't available on Maps yet.

It's still under development. They just wanted to get the really major cities into it first since they are first priority.

LimonJoe

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site

Yeah. You need that in order to update to iOS 9 via a computer.

I updated to iOS 9 with iTunes 12.2.2 swiftly and with no issues with the updating process. The issues came with iOS 9 on my iPhone 6. I dislike 9.0 in general. The contact photo icons in Messages are intrusive and unnecessary; there should be an option for enabling/disabling those. The settings app seems broken as it opens already a few lines down the screen. iOS 9.0 is generally slower than 8.4.1 in regards to navigating the UI/opening apps, even with reduce motion turned on. This release is not as good as 8.4.1, for me anyway, which is what I'll be sticking with. Even if Apple fixes all these issues in 9.1, the unnecessary spotlight search in the leftmost home screen is extremely off-putting.

cariduros

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

I have been trying to update from 8.4.1 to 9 for the last couple hours and keep getting stuck at the apple logo after it tries to restore. I've used DFU to restore 3 times (starting try #4 right now) and run into the same issue each time. Any thoughts? I have an iPhone 5s.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

The blue speech bubble in messages dips down then up in a weird way after hitting send.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

I updated to iOS 9 with iTunes 12.2.2 swiftly and with no issues with the updating process. The issues came with iOS 9 on my iPhone 6. I dislike 9.0 in general. The contact photo icons in Messages are intrusive and unnecessary; there should be an option for enabling/disabling those. The settings app seems broken as it opens already a few lines down the screen. iOS 9.0 is generally slower than 8.4.1 in regards to navigating the UI/opening apps, even with reduce motion turned on. This release is not as good as 8.4.1, for me anyway, which is what I'll be sticking with. Even if Apple fixes all these issues in 9.1, the unnecessary spotlight search in the leftmost home screen is extremely off-putting.

The update did not show up for me at all until I updated to the latest iTunes.

Status
Not open for further replies.