iOS9 available

Status
Not open for further replies.

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Re: iOS9 General Public Release available

I don't like the multi-task/app close screen. My home screen is always on top. I'd rather have the home screen in back like it has been for years.

Edit 1: didn't see the pol just below so if moderator wants to delete this post no problem.

Last edited:

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Btw I believe content blockers require 64-bit devices

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

JOey811

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site

The Hebrew in this version looks awful :(
[ the top bar...]

I'll change to English.

QJzQBc6.png

tomo63

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site

If the OTA is incremental I assume I need to first update to 8.4.1 before General/Settings/Software Update will allow to show me IOS9.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Incorrect. Download fails repeatedly from the iPhone, but went through without a hitch via iTunes. I'm not sure if it's necessarily a server issue. I did notice that the download via iTunes was larger than the one the phone said it was getting, however it upgraded without any issue. The whole 2GB downloaded in like 5 minutes on my home WiFi, which is not a speed that I'd expect from a server farm that is straining to deliver updates to users...

The number of people trying to do the OTA updates is significantly higher than the number of people doing the iTunes downloads. Of course the iTunes file is larger - it's the full version of iOS, where the OTA version is a custom delta. There may also be separate server resources for OTA vs iTunes, but that's just a guess.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site

No 9.0 should show up as it's been officially released by Apple. iTunes will just have to download the whole OS to be installed.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

Not going to shut up about how great Safari is now with these content blockers. Pages that I visit that normally have all these ads that slow down the process of loading are loading up way faster now without interruption.

RodolfoLd

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site

Just upgraded my iPad Air 2 but I'm not getting Split View (I don't see any option in the Settings' Multi-tasking section, just Slide Over and PiP) and the News app (maybe 'cause of location? Per? here).

Superjudge

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site

Wish the "back to search" from the proactive screen could be navigated with back swipes like other apps. Not a fan of the awkward text button.

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site

Is anyone else's email doing this ?
18fbd577f2d1f19103823a8f426d4e52.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus  using Tapatalk

Nick DeJohn Jr

May 26, 2014
Visit site

My email is horribly slow and keeps crashing. When I open the app, it locks up and then shuts down. I have restarted my phone several times and that seems to fix it until I open the app a couple of times and then it happens all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro