iOS9 available

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoleScream

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: iOS9 General Public Release available

iPhone 6 Plus and iPad Air 2 successfully done through iTunes. So far so good. Both are smooth. Pull over and split screen are wonderful on the Air 2 and I can see where that will be very helpful (especially when I need to pull up the calendar while doing something else). News app seems okay, but it crashed out on iMore lol. Other articles were fine. We'll see how good it is at figuring out what I want to read.

clouds0222

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site

Not seeing a whole lot of changes, unless I'm unaware of what to look for. Most notable that I noticed right away, the slight change in font, it's so subtle I barely noticed the change though. Contact pictures now show in Messages, in the general conversation view, not each individual conversation. The News app and the Spotlight/Search screen on the left of the home screen. Is that it?

anon(9132077)

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site

Question for you guys:

Is the pull down from main home screen (spotlight search) the same search field that pops up when swiping to the right under the Siri suggestions?

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

New App switcher, Icloud drive app to name a few.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NoleScream

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site

Not seeing a whole lot of changes, unless I'm unaware of what to look for. Most notable that I noticed right away, the slight change in font, it's so subtle I barely noticed the change though. Contact pictures now show in Messages, in the general conversation view, not each individual conversation. The News app and the Spotlight/Search screen on the left of the home screen. Is that it?

Notes app is improved. You can draw in it and format much better. Discover Card now accepted in Apple Pay, if that matter to you.

clouds0222

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site

Is there supposed to be an iCloud Drive app? It didn't download to my phone. Or is it in the App Store? Thanks!

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site

App switching, Wallet, and most importantly, I have upper/lower case keys on the keyboard again. Bunch of other stuff too..

anon(9132077)

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site

Love the update- only 'issue' I notice so far is that swiping between pages/apps/home screens/etc can at times not flow as smoothly as it as. I'm sure that'll be ironed out with 9.1

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

Servers are straining under the demand... patience is your best weapon.

Incorrect. Download fails repeatedly from the iPhone, but went through without a hitch via iTunes. I'm not sure if it's necessarily a server issue. I did notice that the download via iTunes was larger than the one the phone said it was getting, however it upgraded without any issue. The whole 2GB downloaded in like 5 minutes on my home WiFi, which is not a speed that I'd expect from a server farm that is straining to deliver updates to users...

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

It's in settings somewhere to toggle on and it puts a icon on the home page

It asked me after the first reboot if I wanted to add it to the home screen, so people who can't find it are the ones who blindly mashed buttons and didn't actually read what they were pushing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal