Poll: Do you prefer the multitasking view of iOS 8 or iOS 9?

Multitasking view of iOS 8 or iOS 9?

• iOS 8

Votes: 23 57.5%
  • iOS 9

Votes: 16 40.0%
  • I don't care

Votes: 1 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Since iOS 9 is going to be available to the public tomorrow I thought this would be a good time to ask. Having been on a couple of the betas and GM, I can say without a shadow of a doubt that I much prefer the multitask view of iOS 8 simply because I can see more content and swipe away apps much easier. It feels very clumsy and crowded on iOS 9 now.

Obviously it won't matter what we say because it's going to stay how it is but I was just curious as to what others prefer.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You know, I really haven't paid any attention to the differences to be quite honest. I suppose I prefer that of iOS 9, but again, I've never really paid any attention to it, at least not in great detail.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
The reason why I don't like it in iOS 9 is because it's not as easy to do a quick scroll to what I want and pinpoint it down with my thumb.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I like the added features of the left swipe to search, but I do prefer the iOS 8 app switcher. There's more visible info, and the Recents and Favorites could be displayed/hidden as desired. The iOS 9 switcher doesn't have that option, and the left swipe to search page has some Frankenstein combination of recents and favorites.

I like iOS 9, and the stability that it has promised, but give me the iOS 8 app switcher, please.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I prefer the iOS 8 app switcher, but iOS 9 is better in many other ways, so I'll put up with the new app switcher.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
With new phones, In 9 using 3d touch we can bring it up by pressing on the left edge. The way 9 app switcher works goes well with that. Search without the harder press will also be convenient.

Last edited:

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I prefer the task switcher on iOS 8 over iOS 9 but I can live with the task switcher on iOS 9

Sent from my 6th gen iPod touch using Tapatalk

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
With new phones, In 9 using 3d touch we can bring it up by pressing on the left edge. The way 9 app switcher works goes well with that. Search without the harder press will also be convenient.

I have a feeling I'm probably still going to double tap the home button anyway.

It's just weird to me that they made it harder to see running apps and the content within them through the app switcher. It just seems like such a convenient thing to change.

Funny that a couple of days ago I actually sent an email with feedback to Tim Cook and dude replied lol

I'll still enjoy it though.

Dwood1970

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Love it. I've been running iOS 9 since the public beta 3 came out and I'm really loving the multitasking view. Can't wait for more apps to adopt it.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk