Re-ordering search results in spotlight

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi All,

Sorry if this is an obvious question, I've had a bit of a search and can't find any work arounds or even reference.

I use Spotlight search mainly to launch apps and find contacts, I've noticed in iOS9 that we can't re-order the search results anymore, making searches for apps of contacts somewhat less reliable.

Anyone got a workaround?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Not that I know of. Apple redesigned the spotlight search for iOS 9 to do a "deep search". So apps whose developers put in the correct hooks, can have some of the data inside their app searched as well as just the app name. I'm assuming that caused Apple to take out there re-ordering ability.
A workaround if you don't want/need the "deep search" (and who knows how many apps will implement it and how quickly), would be to toggle off the apps you don't want to be searched. Just make sure the Contacts app is still toggled on.

I go through each and every setting periodically, and in regard to the Spotlight search setting, I disable almost everything except stuff like contacts, Safari, Calendar, Mail, etcetera. Games and various 3rd-party apps are all unchecked and unnecessary to 'me'....:)

donbrefo01

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys, I recently updated my iPhone 6 to iOS 9 GM and I've noticed that the nearby section is missing from my spotlight. I have tried switching spotlight and Siri on and off but nothing happened.
Anyone having the same problem or knows how to solve it? Thanks

The Don

gwhizkids

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, I recently updated my iPhone 6 to iOS 9 GM and I've noticed that the nearby section is missing from my spotlight. I have tried switching spotlight and Siri on and off but nothing happened.
Anyone having the same problem or knows how to solve it? Thanks

The Don

Where are you? My understanding is that Nearby may be limited to US and China at iOS 9 public release.

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Anyone having the same problem or knows how to solve it? Thanks The Don

Sorry to respond to an old thread I came across, but since it was unanswered and in case anyone comes across this question, I wanted to reply that turning off Maps makes Nearby go away.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods