I'm bummed

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
So we all know that Apple changes things all the time for whatever reason. In iOS 8.3, they removed access to the documents folder in each app. This would allow people to use a program like iexplore to go in and manually retrieve game progress and game saves (at least that's how I would use it).

I've upgraded to the GM of iOS 9 and have some odd glitches that I am not sure that are related to either the GM or not. I basically want start from scratch with no backup. However some of the games I have from Rovio do not have a way to backup the game progress or restore it. Some of them do either via Rovio accounts or Facebook connectivity. I've literally spent years on some of their game progress. So what to do.....

Signed,

Annoyed

PS - start using iCloud backups for your saved game progress devs! Yes I know it's been a pain in the past, but still. At least offer something...

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
So we all know that Apple changes things all the time for whatever reason. In iOS 8.3, they removed access to the documents folder in each app. This would allow people to use a program like iexplore to go in and manually retrieve game progress and game saves (at least that's how I would use it).

I've upgraded to the GM of iOS 9 and have some odd glitches that I am not sure that are related to either the GM or not. I basically want start from scratch with no backup. However some of the games I have from Rovio do not have a way to backup the game progress or restore it. Some of them do either via Rovio accounts or Facebook connectivity. I've literally spent years on some of their game progress. So what to do.....

Signed,

Annoyed

PS - start using iCloud backups for your saved game progress devs! Yes I know it's been a pain in the past, but still. At least offer something...

In the same boat. I had to basically get rid of most of my angry birds games and all my cut the rope variations and some other games due to one of my iCloud backups not saving the game data correctly for some dumb reason. It would be nice like you said if rovio had a way of saving data across all their games and while I have a rovio account for just that only two of their games utilize it which is stupid.

The Lannisters send their regards.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
In the same boat. I had to basically get rid of most of my angry birds games and all my cut the rope variations and some other games due to one of my iCloud backups not saving the game data correctly for some dumb reason. It would be nice like you said if rovio had a way of saving data across all their games and while I have a rovio account for just that only two of their games utilize it which is stupid.

They should just make a account and save progress on their end not ours
Mostly because i am lazy i normally do a shift upgrade vs restore that way i dont have to reload or lose anything .

if i have major OS issues then i will do a fresh install but have not had that happen yet

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
LOL guess I should have been doing that ish all along ha! I've been doing restores with every beta almost dammit!! Ha

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
They should just make a account and save progress on their end not ours
Mostly because i am lazy i normally do a shift upgrade vs restore that way i dont have to reload or lose anything .

if i have major OS issues then i will do a fresh install but have not had that happen yet

They do, but it's not across all their games.

jnew619

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site

Signed,

Annoyed

I don't remember being able to do that in iOS 8.4 unless I was jailbroken but most of your games should be saved through Game Center id or do iTunes backup and restore from iTunes as well I never miss out on my games unless I purposely remove it from my Game Center

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I don't remember being able to do that in iOS 8.4 unless I was jailbroken but most of your games should be saved through Game Center id or do iTunes backup and restore from iTunes as well I never miss out on my games unless I purposely remove it from my Game Center

That's the thing, I don't want to restore from iTunes. I want a fresh clean slate as if I never used an iPhone before in my life.

jnew619

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
That's the thing, I don't want to restore from iTunes. I want a fresh clean slate as if I never used an iPhone before in my life.

You can still do that through iTunes just don't restore from backup restore as new
But why do that when your asking about game saves?

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
You can still do that through iTunes just don't restore from backup restore as new
But why do that when your asking about game saves?

Because it used to be that I could restore as new from iTunes and then open the documents folder and manually input my game progress. Apple blocked that starting in iOS 8.3 and it continues in 9. Now I have to decide if I drop years of progress. That's why I am bummed.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods