Icloud back up and ios 9.0 public beta 3...

brianmiddleton

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Hi, I am on ios 9.0 public beta 3..... I managed to delete my icloud back up from my phone.... as of right now, I have 0 back ups in the cloud (I think, I've only viewed from my settings > I cloud > back up)... For some reason, I can no longer back up to the cloud... Is there something I need to do? Is it because i'm on public beta 3? I want to have a back up because I want to get the official ios 9.0 on the 16th...any help is much appreciated.... I have an appointment set up for my local apple store on Monday if I cannot find a solution

brianmiddleton

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
I am also reading on the forums that if I upgrade to public beta 9.1 that it fixes the "icloud back up" issue... is this true? Also, if I go to 9.1, delete the profile on the 16th, and go to official 9.0, can I restore from my back up? (the back up is from a beta)... I kinda wish I would have never went to these public betas lol

brianmiddleton

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
I basically don't even use my computer anymore..... I hated iTunes on it back in the day and now that i'm not in college anymore, my computer collects dust.... is there anyway to back up without ever touching my computer/iTunes?

froli13

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Well, if you update to 9.1 beta to do an iCloud backup you will iTunes to downgrade to 9.0 so... Unless you are willing to wait for 9.1 official release.

brianmiddleton

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
so at this point, I need to try to find a way to back up somehow? (hopefully I can back up at the apple store).... and then i'll just wait till Wednesday to go to ios 9.0 from public beta 9 3 I guess...

froli13

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
If you don't plan to change your phone you could also update to the official 9.0 without a backup. If you simply delete the Public Beta profile and wait for the OTA the update shouldn't delete any data. Of course, it is strongly recommended to have a backup before any update.

brianmiddleton

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
oh ok thanks! I think this is the route I will go... I will update to ios 9.0 on the 16th and then finally back up... and then on the 25th, I will get my 64 gig 6s plus!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73