Getting back to the regular release of ios?

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I am not 100% I want to keep having my iPhone 6 plus on the beta but the thing is I already updated it to the public 9.1 beta. If I just delete the profile will I be able to get ios 9 on the 16th?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I have no backup....

Backups qualify as a "best practice".

Typically it doesn't matter when downgrading. The backups made from higher versions of iOS (9.1) are not usable when restoring to a lower version (9.0). This is more true with major iOS versions and not necessarily true of "point" releases, but it could be a problem.

Try going from 9.1 to 9.0 GM via iTunes. If that's where you want to go, you got nothing to lose.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Backups qualify as a "best practice".

Typically it doesn't matter when downgrading. The backups made from higher versions of iOS (9.1) are not usable when restoring to a lower version (9.0). This is more true with major iOS versions and not necessarily true of "point" releases, but it could be a problem.

Try going from 9.1 to 9.0 GM via iTunes. If that's where you want to go, you got nothing to lose.

I usually backup on iCloud but it seems to deleted my backup for my iPad and iPhone. Probably lyrics a smarter idea to backup on my laptop

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I was wondering the same thing - I would like to get off beta versions and join the regular updates. I'm currently on iOS 9 Public Beta 3 and I have deleted my beta profile. As I understand, now I will be able to update to iOS 9 public release on the 16th, right?

adorta

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
I'm currently using iOS 9 GM on my iPad mini 2. The final public iOS release will be available as an OTA on software update on my device even though I'm using a GM?

Gabriel Marques 2

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
I'm currently on 9.1 beta too, doing an iTunes restore to get back to the normal updates. Even if I delete the profile I won't be able to normally update to 9.0?

Itstakenovermylife

May 14, 2015
Visit site
Today I've been getting false notification that there is an iOS update available and I should update. Anybody else experiencing this?

EVERY time I unlock my phone. And I don't have a "Profile" setting in my Settings --> General. I imagine I just need to wait until iOS 9 is officially released this week.

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
EVERY time I unlock my phone. And I don't have a "Profile" setting in my Settings --> General. I imagine I just need to wait until iOS 9 is officially released this week.

Same here. Happens every time. Ugh. I'm hoping public release will sort things out.

donbrefo01

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys, I recently updated my iPhone 6 to iOS 9 GM and I've noticed that the nearby section is missing from my spotlight. I have tried switching spotlight and Siri on and off but nothing happened.
Anyone having the same problem or knows how to solve it? Thanks

The Don

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys, I recently updated my iPhone 6 to iOS 9 GM and I've noticed that the nearby section is missing from my spotlight. I have tried switching spotlight and Siri on and off but nothing happened.
Anyone having the same problem or knows how to solve it? Thanks

Do you have the location settings enabled?