iOS 9.1 Public Beta 5 available

Status
Not open for further replies.

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: iOS 9.1 Public Beta 1 available

There's no such thing as moment album. Moments is part of the collections. Make sure you're tapping the album icon at the bottom of your screen. There are 3 icons (photos, shared, albums). The photos icon is where the moments is located. You need to tap on the albums icon to see all your albums.

At that time when I posted that the album icon didn't show up at all. It only read moments and didn't show my screen caps. It is however now no longer an issue I'm experiencing

CremoCremo

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
Anyone having an issue with not being able to enable Two-Factor Authentication? I have the Two-Factor Authentication button available on my iPhone and my MBPr. However, when I attempt to enable, I get "Two Factor Authentication is not available for your Apple ID at this time."

I am running iOS 9.1 PB5 and El Capitan on my devices.

Apple Support Senior Advisor said issue is due to running beta software, but, others on other forums are having same issue and not running beta. I will submit feedback, but, wanted to see if Apple is correct.

xankazo

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm being offered the update even with the beta profile. Does it mean we get out of beta and back on GA?

Posted via the iMore App for Android

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm being offered the update even with the beta profile. Does it mean we get out of beta and back on GA?

Posted via the iMore App for Android

For now but if you want to stay on the general releases I would delete the beta profile after installing iOS 9.1

Sent from my 6th gen iPod touch using Tapatalk

Jackie1

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I read this was the fastest release in history for apple going from 9.0 to a 9.1 release.

"iOS 9.1 has fastest development cycle in Apple software history"

Miska Hietala

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
13B137 here. Maybe I'll give it a go.
Any take ons here is clean installs advisable? So far I have updated every time without wipe and so far so good.

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
I did a full iTunes install of the final build of iOS 9.1 by putting my phone into (I think) recovery mode, iTunes detected it and asked me if I wanted to update the phone and I said yes. It then did a full install, kept all apps and data on the phone, and once back into iOS I deleted the beta profile and I was done. Much easier and quicker than I thought it would be.

xandros9

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
after the GM 9.1 release failed to fix my contact search, I turned off all my Contacts in settings (in Mail... settings) and turned them back on.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I did a full iTunes install of the final build of iOS 9.1 by putting my phone into (I think) recovery mode, iTunes detected it and asked me if I wanted to update the phone and I said yes. It then did a full install, kept all apps and data on the phone, and once back into iOS I deleted the beta profile and I was done. Much easier and quicker than I thought it would be.

I just downloaded the official 9.1 public release while still on public beta 5 via OTA then deleted my public beta profile. I think that's easier...

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I just discovered that after all that my phone was downloading the beta 5 without my giving it permission to. Weird. Though now I will be downloading and installing beta 5 and then downloading and installing the public beta so I will be on the beta five for literally the amount of time it takes the GM to download and install lol

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
What's different from deleting and not deleting beta profile?

If you delete the beta profile your device will only notify you when GM iOS releases are available and will not let you install future beta releases until you reinstall the profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.