iOS 9.1 Public Beta 5 available

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve_w_7

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
Re: iOS 9.1 Public Beta 1 available

A few strange things I have noticed since downloading public beta 5:

My Notes app no longer has the ability to draw or make checklists. It's like it reverted back to the old pre-update version.

Occasionally, the horizontal rotation will lock until I select an app.

I have also started to get these weird phantom unread Mail notifications. My Mail app shows that I have 1 unread message and it won't go away. I have tried selecting all my messages and setting them as "unread" and then selecting them all again and setting them as "read". It doesn't go away. I also have the Microsoft Outlook app loaded and it correctly shows that all my messages are read. The only way I have found to get rid of the notification is to turn off Mail in settings, restart my phone and then turn mail back on. This will reload all my mail and will take care of it for half a day or so and then it will start happening again. Has anyone else expreienced this?

iPhone 6 plus 64GB

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
WhatsApp is usually w/o sound for either texts or calls , GMail incoming mail , likewise Outlook , Facebook Messenger 50/50 for sound ( incoming message or video chat)
My phone ringer is normal as is FaceTime & iMessage, knock wood ...

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Probably unclear of me , sorry - the issues I detailed briefly are in 9.01... I haven't done 9.02 as it doesn't seem per this forum to address any of those problems .... I am waiting for 9.1 and wondered how it is performing in beta with respect to the notification problems . Thanks....

PureView

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I've had sound issues with notifications as well. What have you experienced? For me, it is sound notifications with texts. I get them sometimes and other times, nothing.

Same here. For me it's for third party apps only. Built-in apps seem to work fine. Is this addressed in beta 5?

wezra

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Interesting that I am having the same issue with my MSN email account on 9.0.2 on my 6s. Sometimes it will show that I have 1 unread message when all of them have been read... and the notification will not go away. What I have done is go back and open the last 3 - 5 emails and the notification goes away at that point. I also had that same problem on my iPhone 5s back when. I have a feeling this is some issue, at least in my case, with communication between the servers.

I am a little jittery about doing the 9.1 update with some of the issues noted in the forum. But that said, I not sure what Apple iOS updates, beta or official, haven't had issues anyway!

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I hope that the sheer number of people on this and other forums with similar issues - all in iOS 9, 9.0.1. & 9.0.2 - that it becomes ( or already is ) a MUST FIX in 9.1 .... This is not an 'eye candy' type problem . A device that is intermittently mute is also intermittently useless.

qmtc83

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm having a music playback problem from my music in Apple Music it won't play certain songs just skips them and when I try to skip back or play them it just skips then instantly. And also battery life is horrible compared to the last beta

Alienware_51

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm having a music playback problem from my music in Apple Music it won't play certain songs just skips them and when I try to skip back or play them it just skips then instantly. And also battery life is horrible compared to the last beta

Agreed on the worse battery life compared to Beta 4. I notice the Facebook app really sucking down a ton of battery on Beta 5. I disabled all push notifications for the app and so far it has helped. When I'd look at my usage, FB would usually account for 48% of battery consumption and everything else just a few percent. Background activity on FB was like 1.8 hours, which is unusually high.

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
That sounds more like a Facebook app problem than an iOS problem. Everyone knows that the Facebook app is the most poorly written piece of crap the world has ever seen.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Re: iOS 9.1 Public Beta 1 available

So weird. I wonder why mine is only showing moments album. I'm on the six plus. What about you?

There's no such thing as moment album. Moments is part of the collections. Make sure you're tapping the album icon at the bottom of your screen. There are 3 icons (photos, shared, albums). The photos icon is where the moments is located. You need to tap on the albums icon to see all your albums.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Agreed on the worse battery life compared to Beta 4. I notice the Facebook app really sucking down a ton of battery on Beta 5. I disabled all push notifications for the app and so far it has helped. When I'd look at my usage, FB would usually account for 48% of battery consumption and everything else just a few percent. Background activity on FB was like 1.8 hours, which is unusually high.

That's a Facebook app issue. CNET even mentioned this. Facebook is aware of this and already working on an update to fix this issue. Hopefully soon!

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Lately I've had some battery issues while running 9.0.2. Do you all think that upgrading to the 9.1 beta might be a wise move to fix the drain? I'd do the iTunes backup before upgrading of course.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Lately I've had some battery issues while running 9.0.2. Do you all think that upgrading to the 9.1 beta might be a wise move to fix the drain? I'd do the iTunes backup before upgrading of course.

I don't think it would hurt to try. Consensus around here is that 9.1 Beta 5 is solid compared to previous 9.x.x releases.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

9.1 beta 5 is solid for me. Battery life is good too.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Lots of problems starting to show up with Beta 5 for me in the last few days. I'm getting non-responsive keyboard issues when unlocking the device, I've noticed higher than normal battery drain, odd rotation behavior, etc. Some polish is still clearly needed. The most annoying bug of all though is that disabling message reply from lock screen does nothing most of the time. Every so often it works as intended, but more often than not even with this feature disabled, I can still reply from the lock screen.

wezra

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Went on 9.1 about 4 days ago and it has worked, knock on wood, without a problem since. Battery life is great compared to previous versions, and no other issues that I can tell.

That said, one issue that has always persisted in iOS, and continues, is that of notifications that won't go away when getting an email on my MSN account. Even after opening and reading the email, the notification will persist and not want to go away. Since I have more than one email account on the phone, I have a combined email box that is there. One work around that I found is that by resyncing the combined email box, after I have read the MSN email, the notification will go away. This is a lot easier than having to delete the account and then put it back on the phone.... which I hear some a having to do. Other than that ... I am having no issues with 9.1.

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
That's a Facebook app issue. CNET even mentioned this. Facebook is aware of this and already working on an update to fix this issue. Hopefully soon!

I'm having the same thing happening. I can't even begin to imagine how much data this is chewing up. I'm thinking of uninstalling it on my six plus altogether... ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1445334000.767226.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox