iOS 9.1 Public Beta 5 available

Status
Not open for further replies.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Anyone seeing this happening? Here is the scene:

On 9.0.2, in the contacts app itself, search works as expected and brings up applicable names
On PB 9.1 v4, search in the contacts app returns nothing even though I enter valid search criteria

I am not talking about spotlight search (or whatever we call it now) - that works fine with both versions.

So, 'tis a mystery for me at present. Anyone else? Thanks folks.

Contacts search is working fine for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Now I am just waiting for watchOS2.1 �� so the new emoji show up on the Watch!

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
I think it has more to do with the fact that the backup you have in iCloud is an iOS 9.1 based backup as versus a 9.0 backup. Once 9.1 is released publicly I think you will be able to restore that data because then it would be a 9.1 OS that you would be restoring to.

I generally do backups in not just iCloud but iTunes as well. I plan on downloading the final release and restoring that backup onto the final release.

Jackie1

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I think it has more to do with the fact that the backup you have in iCloud is an iOS 9.1 based backup as versus a 9.0 backup. Once 9.1 is released publicly I think you will be able to restore that data because then it would be a 9.1 OS that you would be restoring to.

I generally do backups in not just iCloud but iTunes as well. I plan on downloading the final release and restoring that backup onto the final release.

Is that what apple recommends? Sounds like a lot of work.

xandros9

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
Anyone seeing this happening? Here is the scene:

On 9.0.2, in the contacts app itself, search works as expected and brings up applicable names
On PB 9.1 v4, search in the contacts app returns nothing even though I enter valid search criteria

I am not talking about spotlight search (or whatever we call it now) - that works fine with both versions.

So, 'tis a mystery for me at present. Anyone else? Thanks folks.

I have the same exact issue, Contacts has been a bit quirky. Losing the association between numbers and contact names - opening messaging only to see a bunch of numbers wasn't pretty. Fixed itself overnight though. Contact search is still broken though.

gpo1956

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
I really hate to ask dumb questions, but I've tried to research and just seem to get more confused. I'm on 9.0.2 on my 6 right now. Can I go direct to the 9.1 Beta 4, or do I have to go to 9.1 Beta1 and then to 4? Also, just to be sure, can I go back to factory updates in the future? Do I need to take any steps before hand to be able to revert back to factory?

vincie76

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
I really hate to ask dumb questions, but I've tried to research and just seem to get more confused. I'm on 9.0.2 on my 6 right now. Can I go direct to the 9.1 Beta 4, or do I have to go to 9.1 Beta1 and then to 4? Also, just to be sure, can I go back to factory updates in the future? Do I need to take any steps before hand to be able to revert back to factory?

Once you install iOS public beta profile you will get the latest beta 4 after restart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2