iOS 9.1 Public Beta 5 available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Updated without a hitch but did have to sign in to iCloud again and agree to send diagnostics. No usage just yet but have your iCloud password handy just in case.

That won't be a problem, and thanks for the heads-up.

Ben13

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
So if I want to get off the betas after this 9.1 set, all I got to do is delete the profile and I'll get the public release and then I'll be off the public betas. Correct?

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Barry_Barz

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Re: iOS 9.1 Public Beta 2 available

9.1 PB has been extremely solid for me. I do feel like apps took longer to update for 9.0 but outside of that all have been well. I reported an issue with my Apple Music cutting out randomly and theres a bug where when I start a new text, some contacts will not appear.

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site

Just got done loading Public Beta 4 on my iPhone 6 Plus and right out of the gate it seems better than iOS 9.0.x. I can't help but to wonder what Apple did that made 9.0.x such a dog compared to that of 9.1 Beta 4.

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site

I can't help but to think that iOS 9.0 was half-baked and wasn't at all ready for release at the time it was. If iOS 9.1 Beta 4 is any indication of what iOS 9.1 will be like when it's released, iOS 9.1 will turn out to be what 9.0 should have been from the very beginning.

Logylogy

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Friend of mine who just started at Apple says they hit crunch time with 9.0 due to iPhone 6s and +. Would make some sense as to why 9.1 is an improvement. Don't quote me on that, but it does make sense.

Sent from my  iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

RicardoPas

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
I was running the 9.1 beta on my 5s, and then upgraded to the 6s day one - the first thing I did was enroll it in the beta program and install the profile, upgraded, then restored from the backup.

Since then I've had a couple items missing that are driving me nuts:

• Feedback Assistant
  • Profiles item in settings

Both were on my 5s when I backed it up before upgrading to the new phone

Yesterday I updated to beta 4 and still no Feedback Assistant or profiles...

I tried restoring from scratch in iTunes but it errored out saying it couldn't download, so I restored locally using the Erase All Settings option and set it up as a new phone. It stayed on PB4, but even as a new device it didn't have Feedback Assistant or the Profiles item in Settings.

I'm currently restoring from the backup I made (just prior to setting it up as a new phone) but I'm not expecting that they will magically appear now from the backup.

In particular I need access to Profiles so I can remove a couple expired certificates and add their replacements, and having feedback assistant would be nice to report things like this!

Any idea how I can get them back, or ideally how to install the PB4 from a clean downloaded image in iTunes, then restore from my backup?

Alvin Loh

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
I downloaded ios 9.1 beta on my phone, but I have left the Apple beta program, why am I still getting beta software update ? and can I get the official ios 9.1 later this year ?
thank you :)

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Friend of mine who just started at Apple says they hit crunch time with 9.0 due to iPhone 6s and +. Would make some sense as to why 9.1 is an improvement. Don't quote me on that, but it does make sense.
In other words, they cut corners and it backfired on them.

I have been browsing other Apple-related forums and well... the natives are getting restless. A lot of people aren't too happy with Apple right now and to be perfectly honest, I don't blame them for thinking that way. iOS 9.0 was a mistake, iOS 9.1 seems to be what's going to correct that mistake. The question is... will people be willing to forgive them?

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
I wasn't around the Apple scene when iOS 8.0.1 was released. At that time I didn't see the light, I was still on the dark side. I didn't come to the iPhone until January of this year which I believe it was iOS 8.2 back then.

I can't believe how iOS 9.1 PB 4 makes my iPhone 6 Plus feel like a new phone again. It's amazing.

itsmerc15

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else had the issue of whenever you do a restart or devicecomes back on from losing power that you have to re-enter your Apple ID and password.

malt1977

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I don't get that, but have been asked to enter my passcode rather than using touch ID...it states that it's been locked longer than 48 hours so requires the code, however, I may have used the phone several hours before.

Other than that I've found the 9.1 PB to be very good and smooth.

psyclingfan

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
I was running the 9.1 beta on my 5s, and then upgraded to the 6s day one - the first thing I did was enroll it in the beta program and install the profile, upgraded, then restored from the backup.

Since then I've had a couple items missing that are driving me nuts:

• Feedback Assistant
  • Profiles item in settings

Both were on my 5s when I backed it up before upgrading to the new phone

Yesterday I updated to beta 4 and still no Feedback Assistant or profiles...

I tried restoring from scratch in iTunes but it errored out saying it couldn't download, so I restored locally using the Erase All Settings option and set it up as a new phone. It stayed on PB4, but even as a new device it didn't have Feedback Assistant or the Profiles item in Settings.

I'm currently restoring from the backup I made (just prior to setting it up as a new phone) but I'm not expecting that they will magically appear now from the backup.

In particular I need access to Profiles so I can remove a couple expired certificates and add their replacements, and having feedback assistant would be nice to report things like this!

Any idea how I can get them back, or ideally how to install the PB4 from a clean downloaded image in iTunes, then restore from my backup?

How about that? I looked and you're right. If you do a search in settings it points to General and days it's there, but it's not.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
In other words, they cut corners and it backfired on them.

I have been browsing other Apple-related forums and well... the natives are getting restless. A lot of people aren't too happy with Apple right now and to be perfectly honest, I don't blame them for thinking that way. iOS 9.0 was a mistake, iOS 9.1 seems to be what's going to correct that mistake. The question is... will people be willing to forgive them?

I see it like Windows. Xp was great but Vista was a mess. 7 was introduced and people forgave and came back. Then oops! Windows 8, then 8.1 but still people weren't entirely happy. Now 10 seems pretty good. It's just a cycle of trying new things and gauging reactions.

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I recently changed service providers... involved rolling back to iOS 9.0.2 to unlock the phone and then reinstall the beta profile and the 9.1 beta... did DFU mode to install 9.0.2 via iTunes, and then 9,1 beta OTA fine - restored a 9.1 backup... still have the Feedback app and the profiles under settings.

Deanig_12

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I recently changed service providers... involved rolling back to iOS 9.0.2 to unlock the phone and then reinstall the beta profile and the 9.1 beta... did DFU mode to install 9.0.2 via iTunes, and then 9,1 beta OTA fine - restored a 9.1 backup... still have the Feedback app and the profiles under settings.

would your self recommend this as a daily driver? :)

Jackie1

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm on an iphone 6, 128 gig on 9.0. I have the dredded lagging when texting. Sometimes when I text, the charatacters don't show up 5-10 seconds later. It's sporadic. Seems when I close out the task manager apps, it goes away, even if it's just a few. Will this 9.1 beta fix it? I've never signed up for betas, but this is so annoying (I use this phone for business) that I don't think I can wait for the official 9.1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner