iOS 9.1 Public Beta 5 available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: iOS 9.1 Public Beta 3 available

I don't think it's possible, unless you happen to have the .ipsw file.

Hard to say... the 9.1 betas haven't seemed to display any pattern.

How do I find out if I have that ?

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus  using Tapatalk

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

How do I find out if I have that ?

You'd have to find and download it... there are sites that serve up beta releases... but not sure if there's even an .ipsw for the public betas - only the dev betas. AFAIK, public betas are only OTA.

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site

You'd have to find and download it... there are sites that serve up beta releases... but not sure if there's even an .ipsw for the public betas - only the dev betas. AFAIK, public betas are only OTA.

Ok, thank u

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

My iPhone doesn't seem to manually back up. My iPad does tho. It will work if I force a back up so its not too bad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

I was sent a link but do you have to know what you're doing with the betas or should you wait till the public release

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com

I was sent a link but do you have to know what you're doing with the betas or should you wait till the public release

The more recent betas have been pretty smooth. I'd say better than the public releases lately. You just update OTA. It's pretty seamless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

does it cost. I've never done any betas

Your device's UDID needs to be registered through the Apple developer portal in order to run the developer betas. The developer account is $99/year, or you can be working for/with a registered developer to get your device registered.

The public betas, however are free. To enroll in the public beta program follow these steps:

On the device, using Safari, go to beta.apple.com, login with your AppleID and follow the prompts. You will first have to download and install the beta profile, and then the beta software will show as an iOS update.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

I just downloaded the beta. where are the new Emoji's. do you have to add em or are they already included when you hit happy face icon next to Siri button

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
iOS 9.1 Public Beta 3 available

I just downloaded the beta. where are the new Emoji's. do you have to add em or are they already included when you hit happy face icon next to Siri button

They're all included throughout the emoji keyboard, which is accessed by pressing the smiley face key to the left of the voice dictation key on the standard keyboard.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

how many betas are there usually? i'm not a developer but that is different then the public beta

Ben13

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site

Is the case still the same for getting out of the beta. Once 9.1 is publicly released, I just delete the profile and 9.1 will be in the software update?

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73