iOS 9.1 Public Beta 5 available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxwell Zwe

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: iOS 9.1 Public Beta 2 available

Recently upgraded to 9.1 beta 2. The music bug that I have mentioned last time was fixed; so now if you search your songs and wanted to expand your results, all the tracks that satisfy the keyword will be shown instead of just being 3. IMG_1767.jpg

Some things are still broken, like the Spotlight's built-in converter. It doesn't seem to fare well on other languages, like this one here in French... 50 knots is equal to -50 metres per second.
IMG_1769.jpg

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Lucky you! Beta 1 was fine. But beta 2 the next morning my phone was dead within 3 hours: only change from the day before being the upgrade. AND it was sitting in my purse because I was at the hair salon.

Hoping it was a one time fluke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The single biggest cause of battery life problems is restoring from backup and not setting up as a new iPhone. Yes, setting up as a new iPhone is a pain but, if you have significant problems that nothing else can fix, setting up as new can also be the solution. It's the nuclear option, no doubt about it. You will have to set up absolutely everything again, and you will lose all your saved data like game levels, but in most cases your battery life will be better than ever.

~Rene Ritchie

Shanicenicolle

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site

The single biggest cause of battery life problems is restoring from backup and not setting up as a new iPhone. Yes, setting up as a new iPhone is a pain but, if you have significant problems that nothing else can fix, setting up as new can also be the solution. It's the nuclear option, no doubt about it. You will have to set up absolutely everything again, and you will lose all your saved data like game levels, but in most cases your battery life will be better than ever.

~Rene Ritchie

I may do this. I don't have much to set up anyway and don't care about game scores

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I may do this. I don't have much to set up anyway and don't care about game scores

Excellent. Well, you know me...if I run into issues, I won't hesitate to set up as new. Doing so has served me well over the years. Anyway, let us know if it helps or not, and enjoy the rest of your weekend...:)

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Lucky you! Beta 1 was fine. But beta 2 the next morning my phone was dead within 3 hours: only change from the day before being the upgrade. AND it was sitting in my purse because I was at the hair salon.

Hoping it was a one time fluke.
Go into the Battery section of settings and see what used the most. Tap the little clock at the top right of the battery % to show more detail.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Excellent. Well, you know me...if I run into issues, I won't hesitate to set up as new. Doing so has served me well over the years. Anyway, let us know if it helps or not, and enjoy the rest of your weekend...:)

how would you set up as new on 9.1 PB2? Just set up at 9.0.1 and then add the developer profile to get to 9.1?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Just go into Settings, General, Reset, Erase All Settings and Content and when the reset is done, choose set up as new at the setup prompts. Doesn't really matter if you do throws before or after updating to the betas.

So it'll keep whatever OS is on there? I thought it would pull the latest from the servers, but it's been a while.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
iOS 9.1 Public Beta 2 available

Anyone having problems using Apple Pay? I restored as new, restored from backup and finally had to downgrade to 9.0.1 to get Apple Pay to work again. The only time I was using it was the Starbucks app if that matters at all.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Anyone having problems using Apple Pay? I restored as new, restored from backup and finally had to downgrade to 9.0.1 to get Apple Pay to work again. The only time I was using it was the Starbucks app if that matters at all.

Nope. I used Pay this morning at Sprouts... iOS 9.1 public beta 2.

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site

Just finished installing it. It's a lot faster than 9.01 ! Still have the settings & email bug. Other than that it's really stable. Battery life is still to early to tell

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus  using Tapatalk

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com

I've noticed there's a delay when pressing Messages after unlocking. Anybody else? I submitted it to Feedback App. Just wondering.

Shanicenicolle

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site

Clean install has seemingly helped! Thanks for the tip again

rdrum

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site

I've noticed there's a delay when pressing Messages after unlocking. Anybody else? I submitted it to Feedback App. Just wondering.

I had this happen once right after installing PB2, but it hasn't happened again since.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com

I had this happen once right after installing PB2, but it hasn't happened again since.

It's been happening to me pretty often. I'd say at least 3 in 5 times I do it.

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

9.1b2 is running much speedier and efficient than 9.0.1 on my 6s. Previously my phone would be laggy and choke up sometimes, now it's smooth as butter! No bugs thus far, going to reset to a new install and go from there...

rdrum

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site

ok cool, thanks Karen - that makes sense :)

And this is the same as a clean install (or IS a clean install?) - I'm noticing battery issues as well and I'm thinking that this is a good option for me. I'm just not in a position to be able to connect my iPhone to my mac at home and do anything through iTunes at the present time.

Logylogy

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site

Noticed that when phone boots up from dead battery that everything seems to slow down a lot. Apps open at a snail pace, including the standard apple apps.

Sent from my  iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW