iOS 9.1 Public Beta 5 available

Status
Not open for further replies.

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: iOS 9.1 Public Beta 2 available

Since this is a "delta" as was mentioned will I be able to update my 6S to it when it arrived later today?

Or should I stay with 9.1 PB1, update new phone, restore PB1 backup THEN update new phone to PB2?

I tried 9.1 DB2 on the 6S+ didn't like it, kept it on my 6+ for now and go defaults on the new baby.

psyclingfan

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site

I tried 9.1 DB2 on the 6S+ didn't like it, kept it on my 6+ for now and go defaults on the new baby.
Okay. I'll keep an eye on this forum and figure it out. Any reason why adding the beta profile to the new device then updating WOULDN'T be to PB2

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: iOS 9.1 Public Beta 1 available

Check iCloud Photo Library settings in SETTINGS-> PHOTOS&Camera. That affected my albums.View attachment 92562View attachment 92563

Yeah I discovered that the public beta had switched off the settings for twitter as well which was why I wasn't able to upload any pictures onto twitter. Even uninstalling and reinstalling twitter I still had the same issue and this was the fix. Talk about a weird issue lol

xankazo

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site

What's the difference between the DB and the PB? Are they different version numbers?

Posted via the iMore App for Android

aballerdotcom

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site

The 6.1 Public Beta? Go to beta.apple.com and sign up... then follow the directions there after you get notified the signup was successful.

AT&T is telling people that plan on upgrading their device to a 6 Plus to not upgrade your current device to 9.1 beta. Cloud backup doesn't work well with it I hear. So keep that in mind if you are upgrading.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

AT&T is telling people that plan on upgrading their device to a 6 Plus to not upgrade your current device to 9.1 beta. Cloud backup doesn't work well with it I hear. So keep that in mind if you are upgrading.

Public beta does the iCloud backups for me pretty well. Because I use my phone as a nightstand clock (always on), I do the manual iCloud backup, and it works 9 out of 10 times without issue. When it does fail, just tap Backup Now again, and it works.

aballerdotcom

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site

Public beta does the iCloud backups for me pretty well. Because I use my phone as a nightstand clock (always on), I do the manual iCloud backup, and it works 9 out of 10 times without issue. When it does fail, just tap Backup Now again, and it works.
Let me edit what I said here. I see why you are confused. Of course you can backup, but if and when you get your new device running iOS 9 out of the box the install of your backup from 9.1 will not work properly. You have to do it by computer when you get home. This is what AT&T told me, which was basically don't update my current device to the beta to not run into trouble when I pick up my iPhone 6s Plus.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Let me edit what I said here. I see why you are confused. Of course you can backup, but if and when you get your new device running iOS 9 out of the box the install of your backup from 9.1 will not work properly. You have to do it by computer when you get home. This is what AT&T told me, which was basically don't update my current device to the beta to not run into trouble when I pick up my iPhone 6s Plus.

This has always been the case. You cannot install a backup made on a higher version of iOS onto a device running a lower version of iOS.

In my case, I was running iOS 9.1 beta 2 on my iPhone 6 Plus, so I updated my iPhone 6S Plus to 9.1. beta 2 prior to restoring from my backup.

sudbury78

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site

Hank, are you seeing a decrease in battery life coming from your 6plus

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

sudbury78

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site

Dumb question but I assume we can't download 8.4 to our new devices?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Dumb question but I assume we can't download 8.4 to our new devices?

You cannot. Apple has stopped signing 8.4, and will soon stop signing 8.4.1. But the biggest reason you cannot install iOS 8.4 on your iPhone 6S /6S Plus is that version does not exist for those phones. The iOS version is modified for the hardware, and since the physical phones are newer than the iOS version, there is no software of that version for the phones.

Shanicenicolle

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site

I've had no battery issues with the public beta of 9.1 on either my iPhone 6 Plus or my 6S Plus.

Lucky you! Beta 1 was fine. But beta 2 the next morning my phone was dead within 3 hours: only change from the day before being the upgrade. AND it was sitting in my purse because I was at the hair salon.

Hoping it was a one time fluke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal