iOS 9.1 Public Beta 5 available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxwell Zwe

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: iOS 9.1 Public Beta 1 available

iOS 9.1 on 6 Plus is running rather well so far. No more random reboots so far, which happened on iOS 9.0 rather frequently; from time to time, it would just boot back to the Apple logo.

A couple of complaints though, which I hope they address it in the next build or the finalised build.

- Why can't I change slow-mo speed on the fly anymore? That is, there's no option to change the FPS on the camera itself and instead have to go to the settings. Now I have to dig through the settings every time I wanted to switch between 120 FPS and 240 FPS. image1.jpg

- Switching from one orientation to another tends to confuse the phone at times. Some folders would either turn black or the wallpaper behind won't rotate.

- Notifications in Settings: Instead of showing what applications are allowed to notify and which are not (like in iOS 8), they are now sorted alphabetically. A bit redundant, in my opinion, because you can still scroll through the settings and collectively configure the permissions of each app.

- Photoshop like editing for native Photo app, maybe? Maybe custom gradients, tinting and so on, and being able to "paint" only the areas that I want to apply the effect. Nothing too complicated, but just something like Fantasia Painter on Windows Phone.

- Just nitpicking: More regional formats, keyboards and languages would be nice. I mean, how cool will it be if there's support for Latin or Anglo-Saon (Old English). As a self-claimed language nut, this would be the sweet. :D Knipsel.PNG

lightning8888

May 30, 2015
Visit site

I experienced some Safari crashing today when trying to launch a podcast feed link. I reported to Apple . I was running 9.1 PubBeta. I decided to go back to 8.4.1 and wait for the general public update on 16th on my primary device.

dipin chandran

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site

after updation my i phone 6 camera photo become blurry ..(.same as i phone 6 plus cam problem)..did anyone check camera quality after updation ?

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site

Battery life on 9.1 has been kinda meh to me.. hopefully its just due to my increased usage during football games ;)

gwhizkids

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site

Battery life on 9.1 has been kinda meh to me.. hopefully its just due to my increased usage during football games ;)

Not as good on my iPad Air 2 but better on iPhone 5s. Football's killing me, too, as cruddy NFL Mobile app can't stream audio in the background (at least on 9.1!) so I have to keep screen on to listen to my game.

fatfury

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site

You could, but why??

Once apps get updated when iOS 9 gets the official release, will we still have trouble with some apps on public beta 9.1?

Sent from my Space Gray iPhone from a galaxy far far away using Tapatalk

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Once apps get updated when iOS 9 gets the official release, will we still have trouble with some apps on public beta 9.1?

Sent from my Space Gray iPhone from a galaxy far far away using Tapatalk

It's always a possibility, but I seriously doubt you will have issues. The issue now is that Apple updates the SDK and adds/modifies some internal system stuff that affect apps - if they change the way a function is called, for example, the apps need to be updated with the new calls and the new SDK. Those kind of changes do not usually occur except with the new .0 versions of iOS.

And when these things change with .0 versions in beta, developers cannot submit updates using the new SDK until Apple starts accepting those updates in preparation for the general availability release of the new iOS version. That is where we are today in the cycle - iOS 9 GA is coming next week and Apple has called for developers to submit their iOS 9-ready apps...

Ben13

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site

For people that have been using it since he beginning when it dropped, how's the battery life?

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Anyone else's settings app opens like this when you first open it?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442237833.883730.jpg
It should first open like this:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442237988.807196.jpg

Sent from my 6th gen iPod touch using Tapatalk

anon(2254645)

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site

Yes, my Settings have been opening this way since earlier public iOS 9 betas. I've reported it twice. Cannot believe it hasn't been fixed yet. Does the iOS 9 GM beta have this issue?

froli13

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site

Wow updating from 9.0 PB3 to 9.1 PB1 deleted a lot of cache files or something because I have a lot of free space now!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.