iOS 9.1 Public Beta 5 available

Status
Not open for further replies.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: iOS 9.1 Public Beta 1 available

I've noticed that the option to change the side switch button from mute to locking orientation is still missing in 9. I thought it might have been added back, anyone have that option on the GM?

Please don't bother trying to find her... she's not there.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com

So am I right in assuming for those of use upgrading to the s/s Plus that we'll be able to redownload the beta profile and run 9.1 PB on the new phones?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

So am I right in assuming for those of use upgrading to the s/s Plus that we'll be able to redownload the beta profile and run 9.1 PB on the new phones?

You'd do the same as you've done on your current device to install the beta profile...reboot...then update the iOS.

ba_hamilton

May 29, 2011
Visit site

I already had google maps installed but I just installed google music. I'm on a 5s.

I did have trouble with the phone overheating with the other betas but I'm not having that issue now. I'm hoping that will help with the battery life. Many people did not have, or report, an issue with poor battery life and a hot battery with the other betas but it was a problem with me. I'm glad to load this version up.

psyclingfan

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site

You'd do the same as you've done on your current device to install the beta profile...reboot...then update the iOS.
And then could we restore a 9.1 backup from iTunes? Ive updated to this beta and I'm relatively new to ios. I have the TMo jump on demand and plan on upgrading to 6S.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site

One possible minor glitch. Swiping home screens pops up a previous app instead of the other home screen.

Happened a couple of times but I can't reproduce it purposely. If I can I'll report it.

I bet it's a side effect of 3d code that doesn't apply to 6. It is more curious than annoying.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
iOS 9.1 Public Beta 1 available

And then could we restore a 9.1 backup from iTunes? Ive updated to this beta and I'm relatively new to ios. I have the TMo jump on demand and plan on upgrading to 6S.

Yes, a backup on one device running 9.1 can be restored to a replacement device running 9.1

Photochris74

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site

I had this issue when I installed PB3. However, about two weeks ago, I noticed it just up and fixed itself. Guessing it was something server side that got screwed up.

bonjourx

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site

hi everyone! i am new here and i just have some few questions. so i was using the public beta 3 and updated it to pb 9.1, i'm just wondering if i need to delete the profile or it won't be a problem whether i won't delete it? also, once the public release on the 16th is available, am i gonna be seeing a notification that i can update my ios ota or it's gonna be a different process?

Miska Hietala

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site

Some of the reported bugs in previous beta was fixed but for example the app switcher still shows settings as a blank white page. Reported again.
Other than that, the 9.1 is very fluid and haven't seen any stutter so far in the UI.

Miska Hietala

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site

Have others experienced focus problems with the camera? After installing 9.1 the camera struggles sometimes to focus to faces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal