iOS 9 GM Developer - available

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpol86

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: iOS 9 GM available

Had this issue earlier tonight. When I plugged into iTunes the iCloud backup in summary said I hadn't done one since July 30, 1910 or some dumb date and I backed up to iTunes but didn't encrypt cause the last time I did that it kept saying my backup couldn't be restored so I didn't want to risk it since I had no current iCloud backup from the betas. I got a fail message a couple times then I tried it again and it just worked. I also did delete an older backup I had from June.

Now though I'm super pissed because when I restored from my iTunes backup and repaired my watch restoring from that backup all of my activity data is gone from when I got it on release day. My next backup is from 8/10/15 and I'm pretty sure my data is still intact from that so I don't know if I should restore from that backup and just lose the month of data or lose it all. So mad!!

The Lannisters send their regards.

To keep all your data you have to encrypt the backup with a password in itunes!

Donny7

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

Also iCloud Backup seems to be working again on this build... Mine wasn't working in iOS 9 Beta 3

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

To keep all your data you have to encrypt the backup with a password in itunes!

I know, (slaps forehead!) but the last time I did iTunes kept shooting me back an error when trying to restore from the encrypted backup that I did so I was nervous. But what I should have done was an encrypted backup and a non-encrypted backup. So mad at myself LOL. But oh well it's not like I really was tracking it for exercise purposes but I need to start using my watch for that LOL.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Anyone tried writing reviews in the GM build? I guess we can't leave reviews until the 16th?

1eb05d8e9c796fe2cc9b90b92a6074f8.jpg

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I tried and got the same thing...

Sent from my 6th gen iPod touch using Tapatalk

Dang LOL really want to leave a bad review for Starbucks. I haven't been able to use Pay to reload my card for over a month now since I keep getting a wrong billing address error every time but nothing's changed in my wallet settings from when it worked before.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Dang LOL really want to leave a bad review for Starbucks. I haven't been able to use Pay to reload my card for over a month now since I keep getting a wrong billing address error every time but nothing's changed in my wallet settings from when it worked before.

Just leave a review though iTunes on a computer.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Can anyone try the beta and give some feedback about it?:)

I'm running Beta 9.1. No difference for me. Except... It seems Swype has been fixed! Yay! (I really shouldn't push my luck, it'll probably break again LOL)

Third party keyboards are faster, less lag. They appear quicker and have a better response time.

So far no bugs, it's pretty stable.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk!

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm running Beta 9.1. No difference for me. Except... It seems Swype has been fixed! Yay! (I really shouldn't push my luck, it'll probably break again LOL)

So far no bugs, it's pretty stable.

That's good to hear even though I don't use 3rd party keyboards. I would load the beta for 9.1 but i have to return this 6+ to T-Mobile when I get my 6S+.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
That's good to hear even though I don't use 3rd party keyboards. I would load the beta for 9.1 but i have to return this 6+ to T-Mobile when I get my 6S+.

So then why not? They'll just wipe out and restore anyways. You aren't doing anything against their policy as it considered a validated OS from Apple directly.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
So then why not? They'll just wipe out and restore anyways. You aren't doing anything against their policy as it considered a validated OS from Apple directly.

I guess that's true LOL. But I already loaded the GM last night and restored and verified my debit card with my bank for Pay don't want to have do that again.

evergreenguy

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
A fix for what??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Getting rid of the 1 badge on the settings icon. Im one of those people who hates having badges there unless they have to be there (like unread emails that I need to respond to and stuff). Trying to find some sort of fix but nothing so far...I thought I might be able to backup on itunes and re install the GM but I figured the 1 would still be there.

rpol86

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Hey Siri has to be trained in settings now to turn it on. It learns your voice so only your voice activates it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox