iOS 9 GM Developer - available

Status
Not open for further replies.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
By way of experiment, I did the "update" to iOS 9 Public Beta 3 on one of my test devices.

I had previously updated to the GM version and removed the public beta profile. Then I checked the Settings > General > Software Update and saw the "update" to PB3. I did the update and sure enough, even without the PB profile, it installed the PB3 (build 13A4325c) over the GM (13A340).

The interesting thing is that the build number "appears" to be higher for the PB than the GM version.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Is it recommended to do a clean install for GM ? So far the beta has worked without one.

Some will say yes and some will say no. I updated to GM, but I also restored the backup made with Dev beta 5, however, later today I will indeed to a clean install. I always do.

Last edited:

StayFly

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm new to iphone and I wanted to know how do I delete the beta profile? And once I download the gm can I then back up my info on iTunes or do I have to wait until the system recognize that the official 9.0 is out?

evergreenguy

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1441901524.842828.jpg

Deleted the beta profile and deleted the 9.0 public beta 3 download in storage

Still have the 1 stuck by my settings. Go into updates and it says it's up to date. Anyone know of a fix for this yet?

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1441901597.061660.jpg

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi Hank:

Just curious - did u delete the PB profile PRIOR to installing the GM or after? Just spitballing ideas here - maybe it is a "sequence" thing. Only reason I say that is because I deleted PB profile PRIOR to installing GM and have (so far at least) not received the software update notification and manually checking for it indicated my software is up to date.

nroberts1188

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Is OTA not available? I don't have the public beta as I am a developer and am not getting the option to update

Also anyone else having issues with ios 9 beta 5 icloud not working?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi Hank:

Just curious - did u delete the PB profile PRIOR to installing the GM or after? Just spitballing ideas here - maybe it is a "sequence" thing. Only reason I say that is because I deleted PB profile PRIOR to installing GM and have (so far at least) not received the software update notification and manually checking for it indicated my software is up to date.

Yes. I have multiple devices. On at least one of them, I deleted the profile before installing the GM... on others, the profile was deleted afterwards.

Going to test further by reinstalling the GM on that test device and see what happens. definitely odd though.

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes. I have multiple devices. On at least one of them, I deleted the profile before installing the GM... on others, the profile was deleted afterwards.

Going to test further by reinstalling the GM on that test device and see what happens. definitely odd though.

Agreed. Odd. Thanks for the reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen