iOS 9 GM Developer - available

Status
Not open for further replies.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Re: iOS 9 GM available

Is your device registered?

And please don't accuse of spreading things that aren't true. Things can change etc. Have we got confirmation from anyone without a device registered that they have successfully installed the GM? I'm all for it and will be happy as then I will update my iPads aswell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Confirmation.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Is your device registered?

And please don't accuse of spreading things that aren't true. Things can change etc. Have we got confirmation from anyone without a device registered that they have successfully installed the GM? I'm all for it and will be happy as then I will update my iPads aswell.

I am your confirmation. My iPhone 6 Plus is not registered. I've been running the public beta. I do have a developer account and have the developer beta installed on several other phones. I upgraded ALL of them (and a couple of iPads) to GM already this morning.

And to be clear, the stuff you were posting was incorrect.

Anthonyiamador

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site

To install the GM you need to be a registered developer. It stands to reason public release is 16th therefore all members of the public will get it then.

If you wanted to, installing the GM on non-developer device will work. The GM is the final release that everyone will get the 16th. I have it installed on a non developer device as well as developer. No problems here.

gwhizkids

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site

Actually, on an AT&T forum, an AT&T rep responded that they were limiting the beta test of wifi calling to the iPhone 6/6+. Expect to see it to all capable phones following the iOS 9 release. Wanted to see if that was the case.

danveB

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site

First and foremost, I currently have an iPhone 5S Verizon in Public Beta 3. I want to install the GM version after I find a downloadable link. Do I have to delete the beta profile first in order to do so, or I can just keep it?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

First and foremost, I currently have an iPhone 5S Verizon in Public Beta 3. I want to install the GM version after I find a downloadable link. Do I have to delete the beta profile first in order to do so, or I can just keep it?

Might as well delete it.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

Gah! Why do I have to download it? Restore installs, yay. This is why I didn't reactivate my cards on Pay. But hotel WiFi, 2 hours and 20 minutes remain.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Did a clean install on my 5S, still transferring apps and music though and haven't used it yet.

Sent from my 6th gen iPod touch using Tapatalk

mrjayviper

May 22, 2015
Visit site

Can I use iTunes restore(hold option key and press restore) to update my unregistered (i.e. their UDID is not registered in a developer acct) iDevices running 8.4.x to iOs 9.x GM? thanks

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

Can I use iTunes restore(hold option key and press restore) to update my unregistered iDevices running 8.4.x to iOs 9.x GM? thanks
Yes. Just did my iPhone and iPad... and FWIW, the install process for that was just like OTA... din't have to restore from backup or re-sync to get everything back on the devices... was quick and painless...

mrjayviper

May 22, 2015
Visit site

and FWIW, the install process for that was just like OTA... din't have to restore from backup or re-sync to get everything back on the devices... was quick and painless...

can you please explain? since restoring via option key on iTunes means my iDevices will get erased.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

An observation... iTunes now shows the correct status of the iCloud back up on a device's Summary tab... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR