If I upgrade to iOS 9 Public Beta OTA..will I be able to OTA update to the GM release?

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Re: If i upgrade to iOS 9 Public Beta OTA....

Hi. If I update to 9.1 then when the public release is made on 16th, will I see the update to iOS 9 even thought it seems like a downgrade from 9.1? What will I have to do to install the final version from 9.1 beta? Thanks.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Hi. If I update to 9.1 then when the public release is made on 16th, will I see the update to iOS 9 even thought it seems like a downgrade from 9.1?
No, you will not because you will have a newer version installed.
What will I have to do to install the final version from 9.1 beta? Thanks.
Nothing except wait for the software update to appear.

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site

No, you will not because you will have a newer version installed. Nothing except wait for the software update to appear.

Ok just to confirm, if I have 9.1 public beta installed, I will still be able to see the update to iOS 9 when it is released to the public. All I need to do is to delete my beta profile and I'm good to go? Am I correct?

Also, what if I don't update to the latest beta (currently I'm running public beta 3). Will this affect me in any way when I wish to update to iOS 9? Thanks much for your help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Ok just to confirm, if I have 9.1 public beta installed, I will still be able to see the update to iOS 9 when it is released to the public. All I need to do is to delete my beta profile and I'm good to go? Am I correct?
No. Why would you see an update for an older iOS version? Then again, I was never on the 'public beta' of iOS 9.

Also, what if I don't update to the latest beta (currently I'm running public beta 3). Will this affect me in any way when I wish to update to iOS 9? Thanks much for your help!

By "beta 3", I assume you mean iOS 9 Public Beta 3. If so, aren't you technically running iOS 9? Still, betas come with an expiration date so you will have to upgrade at some point.

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site

No. Why would you see an update for an older iOS version? Then again, I was never on the 'public beta' of iOS 9.

By "beta 3", I assume you mean iOS 9 Public Beta 3. If so, aren't you technically running iOS 9? Still, betas come with an expiration date so you will have to upgrade at some point.

Right, I'm on iOS 9 public beta 3. Technically yes, I'm already running iOS 9. I meant the final version that will be released to the public on the 16th. Perhaps it's called GM? What will I need to do to upgrade to that?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

Right, I'm on iOS 9 public beta 3. Technically yes, I'm already running iOS 9. I meant the final version that will be released to the public on the 16th. Perhaps it's called GM? What will I need to do to upgrade to that?
The GM is already out... next week, the GM gets released to the public at large... Since you're already running the public beta, just ignore the iOS 9.0, and install the 9.1 Public beta and don't worry about all this other stuff... Quit overthinking everything... :)

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site

The GM is already out... next week, the GM gets released to the public at large... Since you're already running the public beta, just ignore the iOS 9.0, and install the 9.1 Public beta and don't worry about all this other stuff... Quit overthinking everything... :)

Thanks. But I wanted to get out of beta and join the public release. So I've deleted my beta profile without updating to 9.1 beta and am now waiting for the public release. :)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Thanks. But I wanted to get out of beta and join the public release. So I've deleted my beta profile without updating to 9.1 beta and am now waiting for the public release. :)

Next week, you're be able install the official release of iOS 9. We should be available to help you out at that time so sit back, enjoy the remaining days of the beta version you are now using and go about your day.

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site

Next week, you're be able install the official release of iOS 9. We should be available to help you out at that time so sit back, enjoy the remaining days of the beta version you are now using and go about your day.

Yeah, been enjoying my beta build so far. But you know, there's always this nagging feeling at the back of your mind that oh I'm on beta, who knows when something might go wrong. Nothing has happened so far. But I'd like to hit update and be tension free completely. So yeah, just gotta wait for 16th now. Thanks for your reassurance :) .

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site

If I stay with 9.1 Beta what will happen when iOS 9.1.2 or iOS 9.2 arrive in regular update ?
Will I'll be able to have it OTA ?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

If I stay with 9.1 Beta what will happen when iOS 9.1.2 or iOS 9.2 arrive in regular update ?
Will I'll be able to have it OTA ?

We can't predict the future. Historically you have always had to use iTunes to go from beta to stock releases... and you cannot go backwards from a higher release, even as a beta, to a lower version release without restoring your device via iTunes. So far, that has held true with the iOS 9 public betas.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen