Upgrade IOS 9 public beta...

tokyotony

Sep 8, 2015
Visit site
Here's another suggestion for a drinking game...you take a drink every time someone on stage says "fast" (or "faster"), "thin" (or "thinner"), "great", "beautiful", "amazing", "incredible", "cool", or "awesome". I like Apple products and their events, but they do tend to lay on the adjectives and adverbs a bit too thick!

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Here's another suggestion for a drinking game...you take a drink every time someone on stage says "fast" (or "faster"), "thin" (or "thinner"), "great", "beautiful", "amazing", "incredible", "cool", or "awesome". I like Apple products and their events, but they do tend to lay on the adjectives and adverbs a bit too thick!

So, Apple's talking up their new product releases to the public? Yeah, how odd it is for a company that has invested time and money developing those new products/releases to want to put those said items in the best light possible. It's not like Apple is a for profit business or anything. Like I mentioned earlier about variations on a theme, I think I'll take my first one right now 🍺👍

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know when us public be 3's will update to 9 GM?
If it's not "officially" released via the Public Beta channel - the usual 'unofficial' sources will have the GM available that you can download and install via iTunes later today...

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Really? Geeesh.

Ok, how about this for a less smart aleck response.
If a company announces new products (Apple), but is lacking in any emotion or excitement during their presentation of said products, then why should I as a would be purchaser and customer of theirs have any excitement or enthusiasm for their new announcements. If they seemingly don't care about what they're releasing (by giving an emotionless, monotone stat-line style of presentation), why then should I care about potentially spending hundreds of dollars of my own money on their new releases?
Rightly or wrongly, agree or disagree about Apple's style during these keynotes - I think it shows to myself, and maybe to others of the buying public, that Apple is passionate about what they do, and want to share that passion and enthusiasm about their products and services with their customers - both old, and new.

tokyotony

Sep 8, 2015
Visit site
It was a joke. I think they simply way over do it with some of their word choice. . There are YouTube videos out there that show them over using the words I wrote. I am not saying that they shouldn't sell their products in the best way possible, nor am I saying their products are crap.

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
It was a joke. I think they simply way over do it with some of their word choice. . There are YouTube videos out there that show them over using the words I wrote. I am not saying that they shouldn't sell their products in the best way possible, nor am I saying their products are crap.
I agree. I love their products but if they make the device thicker they say 'more durable' and if the new model is thinner they use thin or graceful to describe it . They will never say 'clunky' or 'fragile' or even 'bendy' :)

Jojogal001

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
It was not because the beta was exactly one month old. I've had the beta since July 10 and did not get this message until September 5. It's just a glitch, and if you try to restore your phone and go back to 8.4 it doesn't do it. Says the location cannot be found. Mine too says my iOS is up to date, yet I just received a 2nd message to upgrade.

Also, for the person who said they cannot update to iCloud , I can't either, mine hasn't updated since I did it before installing the beta. Hopefully iOS 9 will be released soon and all will be fixed.

Ben13

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
My phone continues to say a newer version of iOS is available and to go upgrade it. But there isn't one there. It pops up the message tho EVERYTIME I lock and unlock my phone.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

fatfury

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
My phone continues to say a newer version of iOS is available and to go upgrade it. But there isn't one there. It pops up the message tho EVERYTIME I lock and unlock my phone.

Same here. At first this was happening every so often, but today it's happening every time I lock and unlock my iPhone. (I have an iPhone 6 Plus)

Sent from my Space Gray iPhone from a galaxy far far away using Tapatalk

Ben13

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
Same here. At first this was happening every so often, but today it's happening every time I lock and unlock my iPhone. (I have an iPhone 6 Plus)

That's how mine was. It was every so often. But now it's every time. I'm also on an iPhone 6 Plus.

ukfan79

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
I was getting the same message with the same result. I got it on my iPad air 2 as well, and went to the settings and was able to upgrade from there. On my phone, in the settings, I tried going through settings and it said I was up to date. I tried restarting the phone and even plugging it physically into my computer to see if iTunes would pick up on it. No luck.
Then it hit me, go to the Apple Beta Software Program website and sign in to your program and install it from there, kind of like we did when we got the email link. Sign in, enroll your device, download the profile and then the update. Mine is downloading as I type this. I hope this helps.

fatfury

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I was getting the same message with the same result. I got it on my iPad air 2 as well, and went to the settings and was able to upgrade from there. On my phone, in the settings, I tried going through settings and it said I was up to date. I tried restarting the phone and even plugging it physically into my computer to see if iTunes would pick up on it. No luck.
Then it hit me, go to the Apple Beta Software Program website and sign in to your program and install it from there, kind of like we did when we got the email link. Sign in, enroll your device, download the profile and then the update. Mine is downloading as I type this. I hope this helps.

This works. I did the same thing. Forgot to go to the apple beta website and log in and download the profile. 9.1 now and no pop ups. So far I've noticed it running slightly smoother than iOS 9 Public Beta 3.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2