Upgrade IOS 9 public beta...

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I received the message on my iP6+, iPad Mini and my wife received it on her 5S and iPad Air. All four devices running the public beta. No update to be found.

Sent from one of my  devices using Tapatalk.

The most ironic part is that your avatar is a facepalm...

denem80

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
On my iPhone 5s on Public Beta 3, there was a bug on the new "search screen" where the search box was not centered. I noticed that after the mysterious pop up last night now the bug is gone and system is more fluid and smooth than ever before. I think that Apple did an update behind the scenes. However build nbr remains the same: 13A4325c 😳

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I thought the low power mode temporarily reduced power consumption until the device was fully charged. My device is fully charged and the battery icon is still yellow.

lightning8888

May 30, 2015
Visit site
You know i was sitting here thinking....that can be dangerous lol... Most update popup messages have a update button or download button and not a close button.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
On my iPhone 5s on Public Beta 3, there was a bug on the new "search screen" where the search box was not centered. I noticed that after the mysterious pop up last night now the bug is gone and system is more fluid and smooth than ever before. I think that Apple did an update behind the scenes. However build nbr remains the same: 13A4325c ��

Apple did not push a secret update to your IPhone. That's never happened before, and did not happen this time.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Apple did not push a secret update to your IPhone. That's never happened before, and did not happen this time.

While I do agree with you about Secret Updates, I think that Apple can activate or deactivate things like iTunes Radio or iCloud without having to update the OS as long as that version of the OS can support it.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
While I do agree with you about Secret Updates, I think that Apple can activate or deactivate things like iTunes Radio or iCloud without having to update the OS as long as that version of the OS can support it.
No...just no... there are a few thing that can be turned on like wifi calling that are handled by carrier settings updates and not full iOS refreshes...and those are at the carrier's discression, not Apple's.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Apple does not push out secret iOS updates. Ever.

Elim

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
I also get the popup and think that apple is preparing something on their servers which lead to this pop up. I had this also in the past with a developer beta and with  music. Here I got 3 days to early a popup for the subscription.
Surley no secret update without increasing the build number.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I also get the popup and think that apple is preparing something on their servers which lead to this pop up. I had this also in the past with a developer beta and with  music. Here I got 3 days to early a popup for the subscription.
Surley no secret update without increasing the build number.

I'm going to post this one last time. The update prompt was due to the current beta being exactly one month old. Beta's don't typically run for a full month and usually expire after that time frame. Apple has not let this current beta expire but the update prompt is a system setting and we never turned off. We will get the GM (public release) on the 9th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CCannon94

Sep 8, 2015
Visit site
I believe that it is a flaw in the Beta programming, set to remind us to update earlier than iOS 9 is actually available. I know it is in the programming, not a push update from Apple, because at the time I received mine, my iPad (Wi-Fi only), had been at a mountain cabin for two days with ZERO chance of Wi-Fi signal, and my iPhone was off to save battery so it couldn't have connected to a mobile hotspot. Maybe they anticipated the launch last week and updates available this past weekend when the Beta was being built.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to post this one last time. The update prompt was due to the current beta being exactly one month old. Beta's don't typically run for a full month and usually expire after that time frame. Apple has not let this current beta expire but the update prompt is a system setting and we never turned off. We will get the GM (public release) on the 9th.

I believe that it is a flaw in the Beta programming, set to remind us to update earlier than iOS 9 is actually available. I know it is in the programming, not a push update from Apple, because at the time I received mine, my iPad (Wi-Fi only), had been at a mountain cabin for two days with ZERO chance of Wi-Fi signal, and my iPhone was off to save battery so it couldn't have connected to a mobile hotspot. Maybe they anticipated the launch last week and updates available this past weekend when the Beta was being built.

See the post above yours...

And welcome to the thread that won't die.

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Maybe I should do an Apple announcement trope/meme drinking game for tomorrow's keynote: every time that I read comments such as...
'Welcome to 20XX'
'Google/Android had that feature years ago'
'Only a minor/iterative update'
'Apple hasn't innovated since 2007/Steve Jobs died'
...Or some other variation on the themes above, I'll take a sip of my favorite adult beverage. Unfortunately, I'll be at work at the time, so I'll have to wait until I get home to give this a go. I should be under the table in no time at all.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR